INITIAL POST
OB.3
User since 1/6/13

Any ideas where to go foxvallay area? 

Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts
12/16/18 @ 5:35 AM
mudbucket
PRO MEMBER User since 12/21/04

My 13yr old son shot his first buck with bow and decided to try the dipping method. We watched a few videos and decided to use the pressure washer method. He did 90% of the work on it himself. Monday we will decide on the mounting part. He wanted a little of the bare skull, so we wiped the paint from the nose. Fun project to do together. Very easy to do.

12/6/18 @ 3:02 PM
splitG2
splitG2
User since 10/12/07

Just did one for the first time last week with my gun buck. It wasn't too difficult. lots of youtube ideas.

12/5/18 @ 2:00 PM
take'em!
User since 9/8/11

I have always done my own. I have several whitetails and just did my first elk this year. Clean as much meat/hide off, remove the lower jaw and boil. I take it out every 30 minutes and spray it with a garden hose and scrape any loose stuff off. A whitetail on average would take me 4 hours of boiling if it starts good an clean. Also, be sure to put some dish soap in the water to help cut the grease. After cleaning, just bleach to your liking with peroxide of some sort. Lots of options for the bleaching part. I bought the cedar pedastel on amazon for $25 for the whitetails. Not sure what I am going to do with the elk. 

12/5/18 @ 5:32 AM
blackbrd
User since 1/9/07

Boneheads in the Peshtigo area.  I know Pelkins in Crivitz is a drop off and the work is done right and reasonable. Bare Euros are $50 and Table mounts with wooden plaques are around $90.  Had them do over 30 for us and they always do a great job.

12/4/18 @ 4:10 PM
madgrad02
User since 5/27/08
I have always had great experience with Dean at Double D Skull Mounts Plus just north of Fond du Lac (on the east shore of the lake).  Little further down the Fox Valley, but worth the drive IMHO.
11/23/18 @ 8:02 AM
kona77
User since 6/20/13

I have done a couple of DIY skull mounts. Not that hard to do but it does take some time. Lots of time in boiling water and then manually removing tissue/membranes etc from the head. Plus you get the satisfaction of doing it yourself. Looks like there are some good options if you do not have the time to do it on your own.. BTW-Nice buck

11/23/18 @ 7:44 AM
Bowhunting Guy
User since 5/22/18

Danielle at Ahead of the Game Taxidermy in Birnamwood. She did my whitetail, antelope, and a full body bear mount. I can’t say enough good things about her work. Top notch. 

11/22/18 @ 7:54 PM
ColdRush
User since 1/14/02

Holly does great work well worth it.

11/22/18 @ 10:32 AM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02

Al’s Taxidermy Studio, Navarino, WI. Alan Meirs. He did these for me. 

Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE