Pop up ground blind

8/16/14 @ 1:39 PM
ORIGINAL POST
IceFishBaby
IceFishBaby
USER since 11/26/01
I would like to purchase a pop up blind for this season. What are some things that you like and don't like for bow hunting. Brands and such are appreciated. Will be used for bow hunting deer only. Thanks, Mike
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 Posts
8/28/14 @ 10:14 PM
IceFishBaby
IceFishBaby
USER since 11/26/01
Ordered the rogers vision today. For $99 and free shipping seemed like a good way to try one and see if it fits my hunting style. Thanks for all the input and will report how I like it.

Mike

Post Your Comment
8/20/14 @ 11:40 AM
the_dude
the_dude
USER since 1/10/03
Post Your Comment
8/19/14 @ 10:44 PM
IceFishBaby
IceFishBaby
USER since 11/26/01
Looking at Rogers vision. Half the price of the rhino, but may find out why. Only $100 with free shipping. Anyone bow hunt out of one. Still considering the rhino. Need to choose in the next week

Post Your Comment
8/18/14 @ 2:14 PM
prusta81
prusta81
USER since 1/19/09
I've researched ground blinds extensively and the Rhino XP-1 is bar far the best value. Here is a review I did of the XP-1 vs. my old Barronett Grounder 250. I assure you I am in no way affiliated with the either company. Let me know if you have any questions. http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2225466

Post Your Comment
8/18/14 @ 8:11 AM
lazyfishr
lazyfishr
USER since 5/29/06
Make sure the windows are the proper height for you. I'm on the taller side so standing and shooting was never an option but the windows were too high for the chair I use.

Post Your Comment
8/18/14 @ 8:04 AM
zeplure
zeplure
USER since 2/11/02
Dunhams has the grounder 350 on sale today for $99 great blind and big enough for 2 people.

Post Your Comment
8/16/14 @ 8:14 PM
1cast-away
1cast-away
USER since 2/2/09
I also prefer not to use them...but here are some things to look for based on my limited use of them. 1. As mentioned no velcro. 2. Get a big one. 3. The square ones with shooting windows in the corners are the ones I would chose personally. 4. Make sure it has good zippers. 5. Some of the camo patterns are really bright.

And as mentioned also ,watch for visitors in them. Hornets love the ones that my hunting buddies have.

Post Your Comment
8/16/14 @ 6:06 PM
lovestofishnhunt
lovestofishnhunt
USER since 6/13/06
Mike,

This is just my opinion so take it for what it is. I have had two blinds and I hated both of them. For one thing, they are/were very warm on hot days. Almost like a camo sauna. Second, because I left them out for the season, there always seemed to be some sort of critters who found them interesting. You never knew what was sitting in there when you zipped the door open.

I much prefer the company of a good tree stand, but if I were to do it again, I would: never get Velcro windows...too much noise. One of my blinds had slider style windows which you could slide and configure in any combination you wanted. That was a nice feature. I would also never get a "single" person blind. Those blinds were made for munchkins who hunt. They are seriously too small to draw a bow or even shoulder a gun in. Some guys shoot through their windows...I never did. I don't want anything touching my broadheads while in flight but that is just me.

Good luck with your purchase.

Post Your Comment