Northwest Wisconsin (Sawyer, Rusk Co)

11/4/15 @ 7:27 PM
ORIGINAL POST
NickC
NickC
USER since 2/13/14
Anyone been seeing anything lately? Hunted hard last weekend in Sawyer Co. saw does every sit no bucks. Not much sign of rut found only 3 scrapes. Will be able to get out this Friday-Sunday and will post what is seen. It'd be great to hear from someone in or around these areas.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 Posts
11/9/15 @ 12:56 PM
NickC
NickC
USER since 2/13/14
Sat Friday through Sunday. Grunted/rattled in a 2 year old 8 pointer. Also saw a monster 10 pointer at noon on Saturday chasing a doe. Lots of little bucks chasing this weekend. Ive only had one big buck on cameras in the last 2 weeks. This weekend saw over 30 deer but most of them were does. Saw 4 bucks total which only was a shooter but he was chasing a doe and was 150 yards away. Sat from 10am till dark on Saturday and tried using a decoy but nothing in close enough to see him. Overall it was a good weekend hopefully will see more activity out of bigger bucks this coming weekend. Forecast so far is calling for snow on Friday!

Post Your Comment
11/5/15 @ 9:21 PM
ihookem
ihookem
USER since 11/29/01
I was in Price co the last two weekends. I saw 1 doe and one little buck together the last Saturday in Oct out of two sits. Last weekend I saw one fawn in two sits. So far this is par for the course up there. If you are seeing does, or anything every sit , you are doing really good. I am however way back in some public land. Private land likely fares batter.

Post Your Comment
11/5/15 @ 8:45 PM
EYEfanatic
EYEfanatic
USER since 11/26/10
I have had scrapes for 2 weeks in Sawyer co. They have only been refreshed recently. Pictures of bucks on cam show dark tarsel glands. They have been responding to grunt calls.

Post Your Comment