New compound bow

2/28/15 @ 12:23 AM
ORIGINAL POST
smokercraft427
smokercraft427
MEMBER since 4/16/06
I've been bow hunting for 24 years and have only owned two compound bows in my life. The first à High Country supreme which is probably older than most reading this and the second is a Matthews SQ2. I've obviously never been one that had to have the newest, greatest or fastest. I've also never posted any sort of endorsement before Having said that, i I just bought a very gently used Bowtech Experience. And after shooting my "new" bow I had to pass along how absolutely amazing this thing is. The Bowtech Experience has received it's fair share of accolades the last few years as being one of the top bows ever made. But to actually shoot one after shooting an "older" bow is truly unbelievable. Everything from the draw cycle, almost zero vibration, super quiet, solid back wall, solid feeling and long brace height makes for something i didn't think was possible. If you're like me and enjoy archery but never felt the need to buy a newer bow because youre still able to hit what you're shooting at with the same old bow you've always shot, you don't know what you're missing! It's made me a better shooter over night. Distances I've never shot at, 40 - 60 yards seem so much closer now. It's brought back the excitement to actually get out and shoot during the off season. Which, let's face it, shooting our bows is not only what makes us all more accurate but it's also good clean fun. If you're a fellow old guy that's not been shooting much in the off season or a guy who just hasn't bought a new bow in awhile do yourself a favor, save up some cash and go pick out the new bow that fits you the best. You'll be amazed at the improvements manufactures have made.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 Posts
3/12/15 @ 7:06 PM
rePLOW
rePLOW
USER since 4/26/13
The big 4 is an industry term from a few years ago. Mathews bowtech pse and hoyt is what they were referring to and rightly so given their market share compared to everyone else. Elite has made some gains recently in that department if you follow the numbers. Now there are so many companies making good quality bows it's really hard to stay on top without the brand loyalty some companies built over the years.

Post Your Comment
3/9/15 @ 9:19 AM
eyeslayer007
eyeslayer007
USER since 1/27/14
And the jump from youth bows to adult is amazing! I had a diamond razors edge made by bowtech for 5 years. Last summer i bought a Mathews z7 extreme and I'm on point when it comes to tournaments and long rang shooting. It's a night and day difference with the old bow a 30 yard shot was a poke now I'm practicing 60 feeling comfortable shooting.

Post Your Comment
3/7/15 @ 7:22 PM
SHEEPD0G
SHEEPD0G
USER since 5/22/12
I get at least 1 new bow every year, sometimes 2. I cut back on the 3d shooting so now I've usually only got 1 rig sitting around. I typically get the new bow a week or 2 before the season starts and take a couple hours to set it up, break in the strings, and dial it in to 100 yards. 3 more weeks and then 3d league will be over and I can sell the Full Throttle. I've got a couple tough decisions on my hands, do I want my Decree HD in black or MOBU Country, and if I want to order it now or wait until September. Big Smile

Post Your Comment
3/7/15 @ 6:03 AM
Pike River Outfitters
Pike River Outfitters
MEMBER since 5/3/08
Plow, in your opinion which bow companies to you consider the big 4 ?

Post Your Comment
3/7/15 @ 2:15 AM
rePLOW
rePLOW
USER since 4/26/13
It's also nice to see some new companies out there making some really great shooting bows. Tried out an Obsession the other day and was amazed how nice it shot. The big 4 don't have the market locked down like they use to. Lots of variety now days

Post Your Comment