Neillsville QDM

9/22/14 @ 10:37 AM
ORIGINAL POST
bukslayin
bukslayin
USER since 1/25/09
Are there any hunters out there in the Neillsville area that are practicing QDM? Have a property up there and sometimes wonder if the neighbors are letting them grow or just shooting everything in sight.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 Posts
9/23/14 @ 2:42 PM
bowtech Dee
bowtech Dee
USER since 10/23/12
2010 was the last year a decent buck was taken by us. Have some nice bucks on camera. Pass on a lot of borderline and small bucks. Some peoples mentality you just cant change

Post Your Comment
9/23/14 @ 10:23 AM
bukslayin
bukslayin
USER since 1/25/09
I'm off of 73 and past few years have had bucks on cam that always seem at the two year old level. I think these guys don't know what's good for them. Will try talkin to them this year. Again shoot a doe you want meat. Just dont understand the shoot anything philosophy.

Post Your Comment
9/22/14 @ 6:43 PM
big mac
big mac
MEMBER since 2/19/02
Bowteck Dee I also hunted on a QDM property just off Fremont. From what I understand, most landowners & hunters on the east side of the road I hunted on was actively doing QDM. I saw plenty of deer and the only a few QDM bucks in the 4 years I hunted there.

Big Mac

Post Your Comment
9/22/14 @ 5:55 PM
bowtech Dee
bowtech Dee
USER since 10/23/12
I hunt just outside of town by Fremont road and several properties including us do QDM.

Post Your Comment
9/22/14 @ 12:49 PM
GreatOutdoors2001
GreatOutdoors2001
USER since 7/5/01
Buk, I am not from the area. Just curious if you ever talk to your neighbors? They would be in the best position to let you know if they are passing bucks or not. I would certainly recommend talking with them and developing relationships with them, as well as sharing your philosphy on deer management and encouraging them to join or partner with you. It has been pretty effective for our group. Also, put up some QDM signs. Seeing properties posted for QDM can put others at ease about passing bucks knowing they will probably make it. You probably won't be able to convince everyone, but you never know. I don't know anyone who would rather have a 4 pointer than a 10 pointer. And, you'll never get a 10 pointer if you belt every 4 pointer. Pretty simple concept.

Post Your Comment