Need some advice!!!!

9/27/15 @ 9:14 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Bowhunt 24/7
Bowhunt 24/7
USER since 10/30/13
So I am hunting a little piece of property about 10 acres near town. There corn on 2 ends and hay on the front side. there is a another piece of woods i cant hunt about 12 acres that is seperated by about 2o yards of hay.I have placed a camera out and cant seem to even get any pictures, I am wondering if you guys have any tips on finding the deer or even where to place a stand. Thanks
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 Posts
9/27/15 @ 9:12 PM
eyesman
eyesman
USER since 1/7/02
Scout and select a couple of stand locations near the edges. Then avoid moving all around the woods putting your scent everywhere. Play the wind each time having a few choices for stand locations and watch where you eventually will see deer and adjust stand locations from there. I hunt my 12 acres of woods with a couple of stands that stay up year round, avoid anything more than in and out to the stands. Most deer early season are nocturnal by me, once rut starts it is a very good pinch point and the buck traffic picks up considerably. I then have three weeks to take advantage of that and by gun season it slows up on deer seen, with most traffic then coming from moved deer.

Post Your Comment
9/27/15 @ 8:54 PM
alcrumpler
alcrumpler
USER since 7/19/09
try corners an fence line that connect or even lead to the property oaks are a good spot low spots.I hunt on a ten myself .turn on your pm.

Post Your Comment