SEARCH
MORE
Archery

My 13 yr old son's 1 deer

10/16/15 @ 12:21 PM
INITIAL POST
SB XT
User since 8/22/09
He got it opening day. Used a crossbow and a Rage Hypodermic. She crashed in about 35 yards. He wore that smile for a few days. date is wrong on pic. 2nd pic is my doe from last weekend.
Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
10/16/15 @ 10:39 PM
Fish Sandwich
User since 8/30/10
Very cool. Looks like a you've done well Dad
10/16/15 @ 8:18 PM
flyguy329
User since 1/25/06
3 boys upstairs sleeping at this moment... 7, 5 and 1 years old...cannot wait!! Congrats!!!
10/16/15 @ 7:49 PM
SB XT
User since 8/22/09
We wash our clothes and shower but thats the extent of our scent control. We play the wind but don't put to much clout in it the way the wind shifts in fall. I put 1 or 3 in the freezer every year and now my 2 boys will but getting some to so I can back off. The deer I got would've been Ben's second if he would've just got up that morning. But he says he wants a buck now anyways. I did make him take his camo off before we went trailing. I knew he had an awesome hit and she wouldn't go far. Here's how we found his deer. I had to back his big brother down blood trailing and let the young man go 1st. Trail was very good and easy to follow but he had a blast!
10/16/15 @ 3:44 PM
lookn
lookn' 4 PnY
User since 7/15/05
Good work
10/16/15 @ 2:24 PM
Cory2
User since 7/16/10
There also may be a lessen learned here. Look at his expensive hunting gear, no doubt an ozonics in the stand, full carbon lined suit sitting somewhere regenerating the scent free capabiliites. Expensive water proof, cold weather boots. Oh sorry, just a kid in blue jeans and school shoes out killing deer. Maybe we all don't have to spend so much money on this stuff. Way to go, again.
10/16/15 @ 1:27 PM
waltereye sr.
User since 6/25/01
Nice shot, and even nicer smile. Congrats young man.
10/16/15 @ 12:33 PM
SB XT
User since 8/22/09
I loved his first original story about how he held so steady and squeezed that trigger. He made a great shot and blood trail was massive. Congrats Ben!
10/16/15 @ 12:29 PM
Cory2
User since 7/16/10
memories that will last a life time. My 12 year can still recite the exact conversation we had 2 years ago when he arrowed his first deer. Congrats to your son and you. Yummy.
Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE