Luck with Lures?

8/24/15 @ 11:04 AM
ORIGINAL POST
lovestofishnhunt
lovestofishnhunt
USER since 6/13/06
For those of you that use lures, do you have a favorite? What has worked and what hasn't? I personally have had mixed results with tinks 69 liquid and golden estrous liquid. I've seen bucks run away and have had some come in on a stick. What has worked and what hasn't for you?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 Posts
8/25/15 @ 3:20 PM
GreatOutdoors2001
GreatOutdoors2001
USER since 7/5/01
I've tried a few years ago. Had as many or more negative reactions than positive reactions. Most reactions were neutral, which isn't good when you are spending money to attract. Very few cases where a nice buck came in just wanting to be killed. Haven't bought/used any scents for at least a decade and have been piling up my biggest bucks since stopping with scents. Don't even use fox pee or anything as a cover on boots anymore after some bad experiences. Keep my clothes, boots, and self as scent free as possible and have been using those pine and cedar cover scent wafers for a while now and it seems like that is the combo that works best for me.

If there was a magic formula that worked as all the labels promised, it would be banned as it would be too effective.

Post Your Comment
8/25/15 @ 7:18 AM
dc cady
dc cady
USER since 3/10/07
On six occasions I've had bucks come in like a beagle following scent lines I've made with "Buckstop 200".

Post Your Comment
8/24/15 @ 1:27 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
USER since 6/12/10
I really don't know what to think about lures. I've used lures pretty much every year that I've hunted and I can't really tell for sure if I've had success or not. I always see deer and generally I see bucks, but I'm not sure if they came in from the lure or were they just walking through anyway. I do know that I've never had a buck walk right up to an estrus wick and sniff it, but I did actually have a couple yearlings sniff some scent wicks last year.

Post Your Comment
8/24/15 @ 11:49 AM
1cast-away
1cast-away
USER since 2/2/09
Had Tinks 69 out when I arrowed a buck. Not real sure it had much to do with it, but it's possible. Have used Golden Estrus and Code Blue...not impressed. I don't use any scents anymore. But at the same time I have urinated in scrapes and they get tore up, but I've had them go cold after that too. We all know there's no magic deer gimmick, but what one buck goes wild for another may be spooky about it.

Post Your Comment