Lone Wolf Treestands

1/28/16 @ 9:13 AM
ORIGINAL POST
FISH-EM
FISH-EM
USER since 5/12/09
I just got mine yesterday I wanted to make some cool mods to it any Ideas or better yet lets see some pictures of your stands.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 Posts
1/29/16 @ 11:19 AM
SHEEPD0G
SHEEPD0G
USER since 5/22/12
I haven't really done much to my stands other than having 2 ropes tied to them. One gets tied to my bow on the ground and I tie the other to my pack. I carry my sticks with me as I go so I only have to make one trip up the tree. When I get to my hunting height I tie myself in and pull up the stand to set up. Climb in, adjust my harness, and screw in my ez hanger and pack hanger. Pull up the bow and I'm ready to hunt in less than 5 mins from when I was at the base of the tree.

As for a bow hanger I like the ez hanger types or just a plain screw in bow hanger, they take up minimal space and don't weigh much. The bow keeper thing that zeplure posted sucks, he likes them because he sells them. I've tried one and personally think they're garbage. To each their own...

Post Your Comment
1/29/16 @ 10:42 AM
zeplure
zeplure
MEMBER since 2/11/02
This is what I use for a bow holder adds no weight

www.thebowkeeper.com

Post Your Comment
1/29/16 @ 9:57 AM
FISH-EM
FISH-EM
USER since 5/12/09
I'm not sure what I want to do with it yet. All I know is I would like to get in and out quiet and get set up fast and easy and to keep the weight down to a minimum. Considering the whole reason I bought the stand is because it is only 14.7 lbs. Also what do you guys think of the bow holder do you advise an aftermarket one to place on it or does it work well.

Post Your Comment
1/28/16 @ 10:57 AM
cds
cds
USER since 9/18/01
In addition to stealth strips I added a rubber "U" gasket on the platform and seat bottom so there's no metal-to-metal contact there. I ordered the gasket material from ebay - it was cheap so I ordered plenty and in two different sizes to ensure a great fit....Also,I had problems finding an adhesive that worked on both rubber and aluminum. Three tries and I had it.

Also,I first used "bicycle innertube" trick to cover the strap buckles but eventually went to a neoprene tube designed for kayak paddles. One "tube",cut in half,does two buckles.

There's a couple other small mods I did that I don't remember offhand. Also,I use to additional webbing straps to hold the sticks to the stand and two additional bungees - in an "X" pattern - to hold my daypack to the sticks/stand.

I'm one of the guys who use a rock climbing harness instead of a full-body - connect behind the neck - harness. That's been modified as well....so has the canoe that I bought new just for accessing spots.

There's lots more on the topic on Infalt's website.

Post Your Comment
1/28/16 @ 9:37 AM
perchthriller
perchthriller
USER since 7/14/09
What kind of modifications are you thinking of doing? I added stealth strips to mine. They help out a lot. Need to do something about the buckles on the straps. They can be loud. Have heard bike tubes work well.

Post Your Comment