Limited season for Xbow's?

1/30/18 @ 1:25 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Alex the dog
Alex the dog
USER since 12/27/01

Anybody catch at the January 24th Wisconsin NRB meeting Gregory Kazmierski's proposal to change the Xbow season structure for able bodied individuals due to % of buck harvest with xbows being higher than verticle bows and firearms?

Note no proposed dates are given, just looking for approval to limit the number of days one can hunt with a Xbow.

Here is the webcast of the NRB meeting, watch at the 5:45 mark for the proposal to come up as a possible question at the spring hearings: 

http://dnrmedia.wi.gov/main/Play/6dfc8e3...86-756192a62f17

I can only imagine what that will start among Wisconsin sportsman.  Maybe long bows can hunt all season, vertical bows get 2/3 of the season and xbows get 1/3 of the season then everyone has equal opportunity at a buck.

Regardless of what an individual uses we should all be concerned if this is acted upon because what type of equipment will be limited next?  Can't use vertical bow that shoots faster than 300fps or maybe only single pin sights vs. multi-pin or the new range finder auto adjusting.

Alex

Post Your Comment
Displaying 60 to 69 of 733 Posts
4/10/18 @ 7:15 PM
Terrific_tom
Terrific_tom
USER since 6/9/08

Might not be over, Kazmierski added Crossbow deer season to tomorrow's NRB meeting agenda. He is hell bent on changing the season. Kaz and the WBA are not giving up. Hope the other board members have enough common sense and side with the majority and put an end to the nonsense.

Edited on 4/10/18 7:16 PM
Post Your Comment
4/10/18 @ 7:11 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01

See ya next year gents!  Same bat time, same bat channel.

Post Your Comment
4/10/18 @ 6:52 PM
Alex the dog
Alex the dog
USER since 12/27/01

Well hopefully last nights results will put this to rest.  

Post Your Comment
4/10/18 @ 5:36 PM
yamatroller
yamatroller
USER since 5/7/06
Guess all the complaining by the vertical bow hunters and the WBA didn't do much good! A big NO has been heard from Wi. deer hunters, crossbow season will continue as the past few years! !

Post Your Comment
4/10/18 @ 5:05 PM
.Long Barrels
.Long Barrels
USER since 12/9/14

Beer, i would rather see uncle bob hang Jr's tag on a doe than a lil 4 pt and hunt for another booner

We have the same problems now as we did 40 years ago.  I knew a guy that had all his neighbors buy tags. The guy shot 5-6 deer a year on aunt Trudy's tag and cousin Jethro next door. All non hunters tagging deer.  It was laughable.  I haven't talked to the dude since the late 80s but im sure he is the same way now. He also didn't eat venison.  

He did get caught. I didn't report him but i believe im one of the folks that he THINKS did.  So i have not called him, we just stopped talking.  He got bagged a couple times from what I heard over the years.  Hunting too late, using others tags.  Who knows what hes up to now

Edited on 4/10/18 5:14 PM
Post Your Comment
4/10/18 @ 4:50 PM
BeerTownFyreman
BeerTownFyreman
USER since 6/15/01

I agree with the party tag, and was really disappointed when it was promptly returned to junior tags. Now uncle Bob and hang jr's tag on his doe and heep hunting through the week. Moreso now that infants are spending their lawnmowing money on deer tags.

Post Your Comment
4/10/18 @ 4:44 PM
.Long Barrels
.Long Barrels
USER since 12/9/14

Im agreeing w eliminating special seasons. No tzone, no holiday hunt and giving less tags where they don't need more doe shot.   I hunt Marquette, waupaca, green lake and shawano counties. All of which in some areas need doe shot.  The public sprinkled in between all of those not so much.  I don't think anyone should be able to go walk any public and blast antlerless if they won't do it on their private. Lots of that going on.  I believe the season should run to the end of January, let xbows hunt during archery and normal gun season if not shortened to 7 days.  9 days the kill was double what archery does in 4 months.  That's pretty simple to stuff. Who cares about xbows.  I don't like em but who cares. Its legal.  Maybe there should not be an option. Pick a vbow or xbow and thats it.  Sell the xbow for $5 more under 55. Done

Party hunting is mind boggling, i agree on that too

Edited on 4/10/18 4:48 PM
Post Your Comment
4/10/18 @ 4:41 PM
JC-Wisconsin
JC-Wisconsin
USER since 4/1/05
Doesn't surprise me on the crossbow vote.  However, it fails to amaze me that sportsmen and sportswomen still feel it is OK to party tag deer - vote failed.  To me, that is far more detrimental than guys using crossbows.  People in this state refuse to limit the number of deer they will shoot, but will be the very same people to complain there are few deer.  Again, the DNR will be happy since more deer can be continued to be killed, and will never go on record of supporting the end of party tagging.  Sickening to me quite frankly.  Might as well allow archers to party tag deer if they are hunting as a group also at this point. 

Post Your Comment
4/10/18 @ 4:39 PM
no-luck
no-luck
USER since 12/14/12

Looks like a healthy majority saw thru the underhanded ruse the WBH was trying to pull.

Post Your Comment
4/10/18 @ 4:27 PM
fltlndr
fltlndr
USER since 12/25/02

I'm sorry too but when you see someone saying they shoot all them does and then agreeing with JC about the dnr giving out less tags and shorter seasons for crossbow and other things it makes you wonder.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 60 to 69 of 733 Posts