SEARCH
MORE
Archery

Limited season for Xbow's?

1/30/18 @ 1:25 PM
INITIAL POST
Alex the dog
User since 12/27/01

Anybody catch at the January 24th Wisconsin NRB meeting Gregory Kazmierski's proposal to change the Xbow season structure for able bodied individuals due to % of buck harvest with xbows being higher than verticle bows and firearms?

Note no proposed dates are given, just looking for approval to limit the number of days one can hunt with a Xbow.

Here is the webcast of the NRB meeting, watch at the 5:45 mark for the proposal to come up as a possible question at the spring hearings: 

http://dnrmedia.wi.gov/main/Play/6dfc8e3...86-756192a62f17

I can only imagine what that will start among Wisconsin sportsman.  Maybe long bows can hunt all season, vertical bows get 2/3 of the season and xbows get 1/3 of the season then everyone has equal opportunity at a buck.

Regardless of what an individual uses we should all be concerned if this is acted upon because what type of equipment will be limited next?  Can't use vertical bow that shoots faster than 300fps or maybe only single pin sights vs. multi-pin or the new range finder auto adjusting.

Alex

Displaying 30 to 39 of 733 posts
4/12/18 @ 9:22 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

I think it's painfully obvious the state is managing for a harvestable amount of deer only, their single concern is numbers, not quality. Unfortunately I think the majority would agree with them, as stated below, if there is deer for them to shoot the couple days a year they walk into the woods they are happy. Those of us that put more time and effort into it can be frustrated all we want, but I don't see a change on the horizon.

November 10th...... that's usually when I coming back from our annual out of state Whitetail trip. No question the quality in other states is amazing compared to here. 

madforlabs....... we are supposed to be upset as sportspeople that somebody wants the state to quit spending money on wolf management? If the Feds have control over them they should also be paying for the management, even depredation as far as I'm concerned.

4/12/18 @ 8:47 AM
JC-Wisconsin
User since 4/1/05

"Most comments here are purely driven by self interest with little regard for proper management of our deer herd."

The modus operandi of WI "sportsmen."

4/12/18 @ 7:56 AM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12

You guys are pretty entertaining! Outrage at Kaz and the NRB over agenda's, "self interest" and working counter to prevailing public opinion. Yet, hardly a peep on this site over the shenanigans of Joel Kleefisch, Adam Jarchow and counterparts bypassing public participation and feedback while ramming thru legislation having major impacts upon the sporting public.

Most comments here are purely driven by self interest with little regard for proper management of our deer herd.

4/12/18 @ 7:55 AM
ere
User since 2/22/07

I gotta say, I loved the webcast. It answered all my questions regarding Kaz. Don't complain about it here though, take the time to share your thoughts to members of the NRB. There contact info is available on the DNR's web site. If people take the time to do this, it will at least give other board members a reason to question his numbers. There really was not a lot of discussion after his talk. The board has a pretty diverse make up. If no one questions kaz's numbers how do we expect the board too.

4/12/18 @ 7:38 AM
Flintlock
PRO MEMBER User since 1/8/05

How about one hunter, one antlered buck per year, then have to shoot antlerless.  Who cares what the hunter uses or the season he or she takes the buck in.  Now lets hear the cry babies!

4/12/18 @ 7:13 AM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

I mean come on people,  do you really think shooting deer is taking away from others chances? What chance is that???  a chance to take down the dominant fork horn?   If someone is hunting public land with very few deer,  you can't expect to tear them apart.  Such silly talk it's embarrassing actually.  People in WI argue over the neighbor shooting too many doe and 3 yearling bucks.  You go to other states and neighbors talk under their breathe about the guy down the road that shot a 3.5 year old 140 that had major potential.  We are arguing over nothing really.  The hunting here isn't worth arguing about.  Who gives a flying Eff if Xbows shoot more deer.  That's what the WI mentality is all about shoot, catch, kill , kill , kill.  The rifles are the problem to be honest.  If anyone really wants to solve WI's quality issues,  make the whole state shot gun and watch people cry like little babies.   making the state all rifle,  that even gave WI a lesser chance at improving quality.   There I go again,  talking silly thinking WI cares about quality.  

It's really not even worth talking about anymore.  I'll go out,  shoot a bunch of doe and be happy.  Then leave around Nov 10 to hunt a different Midwest state where the bucks are more abundant and worth talking about.  People should try that ,  then Wisconsinites would know how chitty this state really is. 

4/11/18 @ 7:08 PM
no-luck
User since 12/14/12

Per Kaz, a buck killed by crossbow takes away an opportunity for a gun hunter.  Apparently per Kaz a buck killed by vertical bow does not take an opportunity away from a gun hunter.

A lot of spin coming from KAZ.  He didn't us expect to understand the real numbers.  

4/11/18 @ 6:46 PM
ere
User since 2/22/07

I wouldn't hold your breath on Walker, Kaz hosted pro Walker events at Buckrub.  

4/11/18 @ 6:29 PM
samfox
User since 3/17/09

The meeting is on a webcast, Kaz is at the very end.

4/11/18 @ 6:13 PM
ere
User since 2/22/07

JC; Your comparison brush has some pretty broad strokes.

Displaying 30 to 39 of 733 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE