Lake Michigan bluff deer hunting

11/8/15 @ 7:40 PM
ORIGINAL POST
hunt4horns14
hunt4horns14
USER since 12/2/08
Wondering if anyone has any experience and insight on hunting deer along the bluff of Lake Michigan? I'm fortunate enough toga be access twosome private land along the lake but am unsure how to deal with the wind down there as I am sure it does goofy things .
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
11/18/15 @ 11:12 PM
GUS MAX 2
GUS MAX 2
USER since 1/30/12
Take some milkweed seeds up in the tree with you. They float for a long time and easy to keep your eye on. I hunt some steep stuff and every spot is different. Go blow it up and check where the bucks are this year quick and have the spots ready for next year. 15 yards up, down ,left , right could all have different currents happening. It's tough, but as always with hunting, it's worth a try, especially if you are in Milwaukee or mequon area. I have seen some tanks running those bluffs while working along the lake. Good luck and hit good as I bet some neighbors are not cool with tracking through their big money lot.

Post Your Comment
11/18/15 @ 11:11 PM
GUS MAX 2
GUS MAX 2
USER since 1/30/12
Take some milkweed seeds up in the tree with you. They float for a long time and easy to keep your eye on. I hunt some steep stuff and every spot is different. Go blow it up and check where the bucks are this year quick and have the spots ready for next year. 15 yards up, down ,left , right could all have different currents happening. It's tough, but as always with hunting, it's worth a try, especially if you are in Milwaukee or mequon area. I have seen some tanks running those bluffs while working along the lake. Good luck and hit good as I bet some neighbors are not cool with tracking through their big money lot.

Post Your Comment
11/11/15 @ 2:11 PM
standard_lengthy
standard_lengthy
USER since 6/8/07
Depends on where you are located. Suburban deer are different than rural deer. I hunt in ozaukee by the lake and sometimes it's bizarre world

Post Your Comment
11/9/15 @ 7:01 AM
Danomite
Danomite
USER since 4/30/12
I went online and bought a CD called hill country bucks by the guys from nextbuck. A lot of info hunting hills and playing the wind.

Post Your Comment