Juneau county reports

10/27/12 @ 9:06 AM
ORIGINAL POST
duckman05
duckman05
USER since 1/6/11
Haven't seen any on Juneau yet, figured I would chime in. I hunt southern juneau, sat last night have 12 doe it a cut corn field....Not bucks to be seen. Have noticed a few scrapes. Also noticed there are not many dead deer on the roads around here yet, compared to Monore and Jackson co. Think the best is to come this week and next. Happy hunting.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 342 Posts
10/15/18 @ 7:46 AM
BigHorn
BigHorn
USER since 10/24/11

I had Friday off so I hunted Thursday evening and Friday morning.  Nothing.  There were deer on the plots early Thursday afternoon so I sat Friday afternoon from 1 til dark.  Nothing.  The water was higher on the way out than it was at 1.  It's over my muck boots now.  Saturday morning the water was even higher.  I didn't hunt the rest of the weekend.  I don't have any hip waders.  I've never seen the water this high.  I sure hope the dang Yellow River goes down soon.  I have this Friday off as well so I'll give it another shot.  Disappointing so far.  

Post Your Comment
10/15/18 @ 7:03 AM
dsinwi
dsinwi
USER since 1/24/02

Have not done a lot of hunting yet this season due to working on the cabin every weekend so far. Had the skeeters not been so bad and constant rain I could have had most of the outside jobs done by now. Good progress was made this past weekend and I am close to finishing what I wanted to get done before it gets too cold. I did treat myself to some of the Badger game with a friend at the bar Saturday evening so it wasn't just all work. Rain again Sunday morning had me packing up and heading home early.

I sat for around 4 hours in total this weekend and saw nothing. Lots of sign. Wondering if the wolves have the deer nocturnal again. Due to all the water I have not yet made it back to the big oak ridge. I'm imaging the giant bucks are all over the acorns back there. They will certainly be easy pickings for my week off at the end of the month.

Good luck fellow Juneau county hunters.

Post Your Comment
10/8/18 @ 9:37 PM
Bombing165
Bombing165
USER since 1/5/18

Been hunting the bombing range the past 2 years. Have land near it but like to explore. Was out 2 weekends ago and had a large black bear come under my tree as i was seting a stand. Saw a large all white wolf last yr as well as a bobcat. If anyone else around there wants to team up message me. Or if you trap im looking to learn

Post Your Comment
10/1/18 @ 12:28 PM
Dadamczak
Dadamczak
USER since 1/18/16

Sat Saturday noght by MAuston 1 small fork 1 small 6 and a doe with twins. Of course these 2 were there Friday evening at 6:30 pm.

Post Your Comment
10/1/18 @ 8:02 AM
BigHorn
BigHorn
USER since 10/24/11

Got out Friday night and Saturday night.  Nice and cool and no skeeters!  I saw a doe and 2 fawns Friday night and nothing Saturday night.  The doe and fawns were making a bee line right to the plots.  Didn't even stop to browse.  The activity really picked up in the plots since it cooled off.  Does and fawns and 1 little buck on camera.  Nothing bigger yet.  

Post Your Comment
9/17/18 @ 8:51 AM
BigHorn
BigHorn
USER since 10/24/11

I was at the cabin but didn't hunt.  I finished up alot of the work that I wanted to get done.  Trying to get it all done so I can just relax and hunt.  I pulled the camera card and not 1 buck on it.  There's a big old doe and fawns there every day as well as others.  The food plots look really good.  That's a relief as I was hoping they didn't get washed away.  There actually wasn't as much water in the woods as I thought there would be.  I need to double check some of the pics.  The yotes look rather large...

Post Your Comment
9/17/18 @ 7:40 AM
dsinwi
dsinwi
USER since 1/24/02

Hunted the last hour of light Saturday evening over one of my plots. I typically have does\fawns on my plots all summer but saw nothing on this sit. I had 2 thermacells running, it wasn't enough. Spent a lot of time working around the cabin Friday afternoon and Saturday. Planted tress, mowed grass, some rot repair and cleaning up some downed limbs. Skeeters got the best of me as was home for breakfast Sunday morning.

Had to run to town for pluming parts Saturday morning. As I am pulling out of my drive I see something in the road about 200 yards up. As I get closer I see it's a wolf. 2 more come onto the road all heading south. I get within 30 yards of them and they move off. Move closer but can't see them. I pull ahead and one comes back onto the road about 20 yards behind me, circles around then heads back south. Got some crappy pics and a blurry video.

Post Your Comment
9/14/18 @ 11:59 AM
lineman2003
lineman2003
USER since 1/17/10

I have 80acers near the location circled in red on the map I posted. I have come across many wolves on my cams. Unfortunately I have not had the chance to get cams out this year so I don't know what kind of activity is going on, but the wolves I did capture seem to show up later in the year. In the nighttime pic there are at least three in that pic. If you look close there is a set of eyes to the far right at the edge of pic. 

Post Your Comment
9/14/18 @ 11:18 AM
bueller
bueller
USER since 1/4/03

Yotes and bobcats yes. But I've yet to capture a "no doubt" wolf on camera. Plenty of deer this summer. The doe are here just very few fawns with them. This is on both our properties, only a mile apart, but different doe groups nonetheless. I don't know. 

Post Your Comment
9/13/18 @ 9:17 PM
badgerfowl1
badgerfowl1
USER since 10/1/12

Do you have some wolves around bueller? We’ve got plenty of fawns by us and what seems like a bunch of deer and several decent bucks. Being in the central forest has exploded our population.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 342 Posts