Juneau county reports

10/27/12 @ 9:06 AM
ORIGINAL POST
duckman05
duckman05
USER since 1/6/11
Haven't seen any on Juneau yet, figured I would chime in. I hunt southern juneau, sat last night have 12 doe it a cut corn field....Not bucks to be seen. Have noticed a few scrapes. Also noticed there are not many dead deer on the roads around here yet, compared to Monore and Jackson co. Think the best is to come this week and next. Happy hunting.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 337 Posts
9/17/18 @ 8:51 AM
BigHorn
BigHorn
USER since 10/24/11

I was at the cabin but didn't hunt.  I finished up alot of the work that I wanted to get done.  Trying to get it all done so I can just relax and hunt.  I pulled the camera card and not 1 buck on it.  There's a big old doe and fawns there every day as well as others.  The food plots look really good.  That's a relief as I was hoping they didn't get washed away.  There actually wasn't as much water in the woods as I thought there would be.  I need to double check some of the pics.  The yotes look rather large...

Post Your Comment
9/17/18 @ 7:40 AM
dsinwi
dsinwi
USER since 1/24/02

Hunted the last hour of light Saturday evening over one of my plots. I typically have does\fawns on my plots all summer but saw nothing on this sit. I had 2 thermacells running, it wasn't enough. Spent a lot of time working around the cabin Friday afternoon and Saturday. Planted tress, mowed grass, some rot repair and cleaning up some downed limbs. Skeeters got the best of me as was home for breakfast Sunday morning.

Had to run to town for pluming parts Saturday morning. As I am pulling out of my drive I see something in the road about 200 yards up. As I get closer I see it's a wolf. 2 more come onto the road all heading south. I get within 30 yards of them and they move off. Move closer but can't see them. I pull ahead and one comes back onto the road about 20 yards behind me, circles around then heads back south. Got some crappy pics and a blurry video.

Post Your Comment
9/14/18 @ 11:59 AM
lineman2003
lineman2003
USER since 1/17/10

I have 80acers near the location circled in red on the map I posted. I have come across many wolves on my cams. Unfortunately I have not had the chance to get cams out this year so I don't know what kind of activity is going on, but the wolves I did capture seem to show up later in the year. In the nighttime pic there are at least three in that pic. If you look close there is a set of eyes to the far right at the edge of pic. 

Post Your Comment
9/14/18 @ 11:18 AM
bueller
bueller
USER since 1/4/03

Yotes and bobcats yes. But I've yet to capture a "no doubt" wolf on camera. Plenty of deer this summer. The doe are here just very few fawns with them. This is on both our properties, only a mile apart, but different doe groups nonetheless. I don't know. 

Post Your Comment
9/13/18 @ 9:17 PM
badgerfowl1
badgerfowl1
USER since 10/1/12

Do you have some wolves around bueller? We’ve got plenty of fawns by us and what seems like a bunch of deer and several decent bucks. Being in the central forest has exploded our population.

Post Your Comment
9/11/18 @ 3:26 PM
bueller
bueller
USER since 1/4/03

Another month long soak of trail cameras and very few fawns captured. And no sets of twins. I run cameras in the same spots year after year. I've never seen such a lack of fawns during the summer. I noticed it early but held off judgement until more recently. Don't know if it was the heavy snow late winter / early spring or what. Haven't heard any other talk of it as the overall deer numbers have rebounded reasonably well the last couple years. No one will notice until next year that there is a "hole" in the year class much like when fish species have an unsuccessful spawn in a particular year. Fingers crossed that this winter goes smoother because if we go back to back like this the population will be back WAY down 2-3 years out. I've talked to others around the state that haven't experienced the same thing. Thinking it may a local issue here in the central forest...

Post Your Comment
9/6/18 @ 7:03 AM
dsinwi
dsinwi
USER since 1/24/02

Anyone on here who lives in the area? Looking for a little insight on how bad the flooding is. My place is between New Lisbon and Necedah, near the river bottoms. Wondering if I need to bring new carpet along when I go up next week....

Thanks

Post Your Comment
9/5/18 @ 8:05 PM
Casedog
Casedog
USER since 10/4/11

Plenty of turkey this year! One hard winter and who knows but very plentiful this fall! Had a tree down on trail and my new logging road plot is doing unbelievable with all this rain! Saw some deer in between summer and fall coats which was cool! The apples are starting to fall and the local does are eating them right out of driveway every night!  The clover came in great on one of the two plots that just got cut and hopefully the other is not far behind! Excited for the best time of year! 

Post Your Comment
8/29/18 @ 5:13 PM
czar1
czar1
USER since 7/2/09
Lots of turkeys in the area? Haven't been in the area in about 2 yrs since selling my property, but the turkeys really seemed to be on the down side compared to several years ago.

Post Your Comment
8/29/18 @ 11:55 AM
Casedog
Casedog
USER since 10/4/11

Also if anyone on here knows how to get ahold of the big bow driving group that splits the Juneau/Adams County line every other Saturday please send me a pm because I would really like to learn more and possibly join your crew because our camp doesn’t do the annual gun hunting drives of years passed and I’m totally withdrawing from not getting my steps in the woods? I used to be the drive leader of a group with as many as 30+ people so I know a thing or two about the tactic and the area! To all the drive haters out there please say something nice or nothing at all because I’m sure we have pushed plenty of deer past you through out the years! I’m also not trying to start anything about deer driving just trying to reach out and find people with similar interests! 17 days until go time!!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 337 Posts