Juneau county reports

10/27/12 @ 8:06 AM
ORIGINAL POST
duckman05
duckman05
USER since 1/6/11
Haven't seen any on Juneau yet, figured I would chime in. I hunt southern juneau, sat last night have 12 doe it a cut corn field....Not bucks to be seen. Have noticed a few scrapes. Also noticed there are not many dead deer on the roads around here yet, compared to Monore and Jackson co. Think the best is to come this week and next. Happy hunting.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 297 Posts
11/20/17 @ 1:12 PM
badgerfowl1
badgerfowl1
USER since 10/1/12
Had some luck opening morning. This guy was on a hot doe. Looking back, had him on camera several times. Saw him bow hunting on October 15th (1st good cold front) chasing a doe. It's been a great season for us. Lots of ducks, a turkey and some nice deer.  I might sit later in the week with the shotgun looking for one of the toms I had around me saturday morning.  Good luck to those still out there!

Post Your Comment
11/20/17 @ 7:53 AM
dsinwi
dsinwi
USER since 1/24/02

Sat for about 9 hours on Saturday and 4 on Sunday. Saw nothing. Counted 92 shots total by 9am on opening day. There was a fair amount in mile or 2 around me. Neighbor to the west took a small 8 Saturday morning. I thought weather condition were near perfect.

Went to a buddy's cabin for an excellent turkey dinner Saturday night. Was home on Sunday to watch the implosion of Brett Hundley. Over all another great weekend in Juneau county. Will be up again end of the week and may get out for a morning sit again.

Good Luck to those still out there!

Post Your Comment
11/14/17 @ 3:47 PM
Eyetest
Eyetest
MEMBER since 7/12/01

Agree Bighorn, Congrats to all that sealed the deal. Good luck to all this coming weekend. Remember " aim small miss small" Be safe out there....

Post Your Comment
11/14/17 @ 3:04 PM
BigHorn
BigHorn
USER since 10/24/11

Congrats on all of the nice deer!!  It's officially the longest week of the year for me.  It feels like it should be Thursday already.  I feel like Santa.  Making my lists and checking them twice.  LOL

Can't wait to hunt with my two boys.  They don't bowhunt, so this is a special time for me.  Good luck to all still at it and all that will be out for the 9-day!   

Post Your Comment
11/13/17 @ 2:14 PM
fishgodwi
fishgodwi
USER since 7/28/10

Fri Nov 10. Northern Juneau County private land. Well the gf punched her first archery tag fri afternoon with a 7pt (one brow time broken off) 17" inside spread #170 field dressed brute!!!! First yr archery hunting for her. Last yr shot an 8 pt with her first yr gun hunting. She is getting way too spoiled shooting big deer...lol. Got into the blind about 230 and he came walking right into food plot around 4. She made perfect double lung shot about 15yds and he ran about 75 yds or so. I couldnt b more happier or proud of her!!! She starting crying tears of enjoyment and excitement when we heard it crash. Only 2nd time this yr he came n during daylite. He came n at 2pm on last wed.

Post Your Comment
11/13/17 @ 8:13 AM
badgerfowl1
badgerfowl1
USER since 10/1/12

Yup no haters in Juneau co forest. That one on the left is a very nice buck case. Looks like the other is a Juneau Co 11 pointer. I’ve shot a few of those over the years. After I shot mine I made it out a few times, still have a doe tag, and had several opportunities at bucks pretty much the same size as the bigger one you posted Case. Looks to be about the same size as the one I shot. I’m hoping those make it through gun season. Even with a fresh start for gun I’m only looking for one deer, the biggest one I had on camera all year. Don’t need any more venison so I can be picky. Forecast looks wonderful. 

Post Your Comment
11/13/17 @ 7:56 AM
onebuck95
onebuck95
MEMBER since 1/29/03

No hater here Casedog! I know the challenge of putting the tag on a deer with the bow. Congrats to your camp for putting some meat in the freezer before the gun hunt. Looking forward to camp in the old unit 53. Good luck all!

Post Your Comment
11/13/17 @ 7:30 AM
deerdog
deerdog
USER since 11/7/03

Bueller, pretty much the same for us in Adams Co. Passed a few smaller bucks and had nice ones on cameras, but never an opportunity. 

Post Your Comment
11/13/17 @ 7:27 AM
bueller
bueller
USER since 1/4/03
Hunted with a buddy Friday, Saturday, and Sunday on our private land in the forest zone. We both had multiple opportunities to harvest smaller bucks but left empty handed after waiting for one of the larger bucks to show up, that never happened. Trail cameras still showed some chasing as of Saturday night and Nov 4th as the day of the year to be in the woods. Of course we weren't able to hunt that weekend. We aren't as picky during gun season especially since none of us took a bow deer this year. 

Post Your Comment
11/13/17 @ 7:03 AM
dsinwi
dsinwi
USER since 1/24/02

This past weekend was a bust for me. I sat 9 hours on Saturday. The only highlight of the day was listening to the neighbors put up a rifle stand. I can't fathom how at least 2 grown men can make so much noise in the woods. Not to mention the fowl language. They weren't that close to me but with no wind and cool temps I could hear it all. I sat till black and saw one grinner.

Sunday morning I hunted till about 9:30 and saw nothing. Put the bow away and headed for home. Looks like the forecast for Saturday will be pefect.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 297 Posts