How are you resharpening your broadheads?

10/7/15 @ 11:54 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Pike River Outfitters
Pike River Outfitters
MEMBER since 5/3/08
That's simple, it's called replacement blades.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 28 Posts
10/15/15 @ 12:49 PM
Cory2
Cory2
USER since 7/16/10
Thanks for the info. HFC68. I don't spend any time sharpening anything. I usually don't read much so I am not sharpening my mind. I take my chain saw chain to Ace hardware so they can do it. Yes, I know they don't do it in house and I am simply paying the middle man. When my branch trimmer gets too dull, it usually is a rusty mess so I pitch it and buy a new one. Archery tips, no patience to sit and sharpen. Plus I use 1 or 2 tips annually so still doesn't make sense to me. I don't shoot does (generally) and I only shoot one buck if one of my targets show up (or the poor smaller buck that shows up the morning after I missed my target the night before like last year). Oh yeah, I only shoot out to about 20 yards so once I shoot, I rarely miss, now. Lastly, I have a memory box that we put on my sons's wall. It has 9 squares, one for each year. If I get a nice buck, the broadhead or Rage goes in the box, along with stuff like the a pheasant feather, empty 12 gauge shell, empty 3060 shell, shard of aluminum can we blew the S*&T out of, bird shot bbs, picture, I think you get it. That leaves about 1 blade per year I would sharpen. The memory box is awesome. On year 3.

Post Your Comment
10/13/15 @ 8:05 PM
The master-baiter89
The master-baiter89
USER since 11/22/14
Nope actually my name's Dave. ..I have an uncle named Ron but I'm Dave Big Smile

Post Your Comment
10/13/15 @ 4:34 PM
Cory2
Cory2
USER since 7/16/10
I buy new

Post Your Comment
10/13/15 @ 1:43 PM
the Jimmer
the Jimmer
USER since 1/11/05
I am very intrigued by this wondrous new product, and can't wait to order. I am getting 1 for myself and every other bow hunter I know. I wonder if they have one for sharpening heads specific to crossbows?

It's really nice of new user hfc to help us all, and out of the goodness of his heart.

But who is Ron Klueless? I only know one guy named Ron, and he is a master baiter.

Post Your Comment
10/13/15 @ 12:02 PM
lookn' 4 PnY
lookn' 4 PnY
USER since 7/15/05
My buddy bought one and hated it.

Post Your Comment
10/13/15 @ 10:55 AM
browning3
browning3
USER since 5/23/02
Why don't you just give them the website link Ronny? Geez! You actually shipped your own product to yourself? How embarassing!

Post Your Comment
10/11/15 @ 6:48 PM
lookn' 4 PnY
lookn' 4 PnY
USER since 7/15/05
You do not need an overpriced, cheaply made, money grab gadget like the StayShartGuide to sharpen a broadhead. A set of replacement blades is a minimal cost if you have just harvested a deer. If your head is dull from missing you would be better served spending your time practicing. Like sharpening a knife on a flat stone, with a little patience and practice it is pretty easy to do. JMO

Post Your Comment
10/9/15 @ 3:10 PM
redskin
redskin
USER since 1/28/02
I have the flat stone from G5 and yes you lay the head and sharpen two edges at once. I found that the steel gives me a sharper edge so I use what works for me. My.02

Post Your Comment
10/9/15 @ 1:51 PM
jch84
jch84
USER since 8/4/08
You are a creative guy, that's for sure! I have seen you pushing this product over the last few days on multiple sites all using a different name.

Ron Kulas

Post Your Comment
10/9/15 @ 12:47 PM
Fishmiester
Fishmiester
USER since 6/17/09
I have used one of my fly tying vices to hold the blades and use a small carbide knife sharpener and if needed a small very fine file. I don't do it to often but has worked in the past.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 28 Posts