MORE
Archery

Got my mount back

3/2/13 @ 6:49 PM
INITIAL POST
browning3
browning3
User since 5/23/02
Turned out really nice. Dan Johnson Taxidermy did the work.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 67 posts
5/17/18 @ 2:39 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

That is awesome!!!  I love the camo on the skull.

5/16/18 @ 7:25 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

The taxidermist I went to cleaned the skull but then they sent it in to a place that does the dip.  They had a lot of patterns to choose from, I was kind of surprised to be honest.  That's mostly why it took until now to get it back I believe, they were dependent on who they sent it out to.  I think if it were not dipped I'd have gotten it back pretty quick. Would be interesting to try it myself but I'd want to practice on a small buck.  Not sure I'd trust myself to not mess up the first one.

Price-wise I'd say it about doubled the cost of the European mount.  Still a lot cheaper than a shoulder mount though.  This is my first one of these, I like how it doesn't take up as much room.  Hoping I can fit 2 of these where 1 shoulder mount would go.

5/16/18 @ 6:44 AM
rage25
rage25
User since 11/10/14

Love the camo dip... you do it yourself? If so where did you get the dip pattern?

5/15/18 @ 6:30 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
PRO MEMBER User since 12/9/08

lakeshiner,

The camo dipped skull looks awesome!

5/15/18 @ 2:06 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

Nice buck!  Must be the season, got mine back recently.  Not as big so I opted for a European mount.  Got the camo dip for the skull to signify archery.  Something different anyways.

5/14/18 @ 8:27 PM
PSE
PSE
PRO MEMBER User since 11/25/05

rage 25. really nice congrats on both

5/14/18 @ 6:11 AM
rage25
rage25
User since 11/10/14
The one on the right. Got him back Friday. According to the taxidermist he was pretty much off the charts for cape measurements. He makes my other one look like a fawn.
8/31/17 @ 7:21 AM
Casedog
Casedog
User since 10/4/11

I know it's a horrible picture but the little 7 point wall mount is my first bow buck back on 10-31-98 7:28 A.M.(( crazy how u remember every detail)) the big one on the couch is my hide((from a nice huge bodied small racked one sided 8 point necedah special that my cousin practiced taxidermy on and it is fair at best)) on some horns I found scouting some public in waupaca! The skull mount is just a typical necedah public buck!! My next goal is to finally get one for the wall from our private(( I have had my chances-- my avatar is one of 2 that I screwed up on our private!! So up to now all my bucks are from public which I'm proud of and for some reason all my bucks are odd pointers?? 5 pointer 7 pointer 9 pointer so maybe my next will be 11 pointer( I wish)! Thanks for looking and reading my ramblings---17- days and counting!!! Sorry about the mother in law she isn't worth mounting unless you have 30 years on me-- LOL---but she is single and waiting on her rutting buck--

8/31/17 @ 6:28 AM
Casedog
Casedog
User since 10/4/11

11/6/16--8:18 A.M. bow buck done by mikes taxidermy in south Milwaukee!!! I think he looks good but it's only my second mount in 26 years of hunting mainly public! 

8/12/17 @ 10:01 AM
standard_lengthy
standard_lengthy
User since 6/8/07

2016 archery back from Bucky's

6/16/17 @ 10:26 PM
knocked arrow
User since 10/19/11

Got my 2016 bow buck back couldn't be more happier good luck everyone on the up coming season

Got my mount back photo by knocked arrow
3/20/17 @ 9:32 PM
Fisherman996
User since 3/9/15
Just got my mount back from gun season!

1/16/17 @ 1:31 PM
lookn
lookn' 4 PnY
User since 7/15/05

Nice work on the mount GB.  That cape has great color!

1/7/17 @ 9:05 PM
meatpuppets
meatpuppets
User since 1/7/09

Awesome! 

1/7/17 @ 8:26 PM
GBEyeCatcher
User since 7/24/07

Finished

Displaying 1 to 15 of 67 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE