Glasses

1/6/16 @ 4:53 PM
ORIGINAL POST
gobbler
gobbler
MEMBER since 6/30/01
Having to make the move to glasses,Any thoughts on having two pairs one without bifocals,with for shooting,tips,thoughts,etc.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 14 Posts
2/26/16 @ 8:24 AM
fishingmaster1997
fishingmaster1997
USER since 4/18/12
I recently got prescription sunglasses. They're more like goggles but I love em. Gonna be great for hunting and fishing. I apologize for not having a better picture of them, the only picture I have was after a half a bottle of jack.

Post Your Comment
2/26/16 @ 7:54 AM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
USER since 12/19/10
I've been wearing glasses for 20 years, my problem is when it's cold and the breeze is just right my glasses fog up with every exhale. Wearing a face mask is almost impossible unless I cut a hole in it to breathe out of. I finally decided I needed contacts for hunting. After a couple times wearing them I found they were worse than glasses for me. I found if I stared at something my vision would go fuzzy and my eyes constantly felt dry, I just could not get used to them. I'll just deal with glasses.

Post Your Comment
1/13/16 @ 11:15 AM
.Long Barrels
.Long Barrels
USER since 12/9/14
get contacts for hunting....I know many that hunt with glasses...but many that have contacts and TRY glasses later on in life. the transition seems difficult as simple as it seems.

Post Your Comment
1/12/16 @ 9:04 AM
Kutt
Kutt
USER since 6/30/09
The trouble I have is; If I don't wear my glasses, the deer is fuzzy. If I wear my glasses, the pin is fuzzy. Cool

Post Your Comment
1/11/16 @ 7:06 PM
cabinbum
cabinbum
USER since 4/1/10
i agree, transition lens suck. they are too dark to track any time,day or night,snow or no. never again for this guy. didnt like them while bird hunting either. ok for summer fishing.

Post Your Comment
1/11/16 @ 6:07 PM
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10
Gobbler also make sure you get the non-glare lenses. I a deer looks at you and the sun hits your glasses it is like a mirror!

Post Your Comment
1/9/16 @ 3:46 PM
gobbler
gobbler
MEMBER since 6/30/01
10-4 thanks

Post Your Comment
1/9/16 @ 1:21 PM
Horble
Horble
USER since 4/11/08
The Verifier would be for those who would need reading glasses or bifocals. The bifocal glass corrects for focussing up close at the bottom of the lens. When looking through your peep you are using the part of your glasses lens for correction at distance. The Verifier is basically a reading lens in your peep so yo can see the pins better.

Post Your Comment
1/9/16 @ 9:56 AM
JamesD
JamesD
USER since 2/16/04
I joined the "four eyes club" in junior high. I shoot both peep and leaf sights with no problem. Everything is crystal clear hunting in the woods, just the way I like it. You'll notice the biggest improvement at dusk and dawn when corrected vision is most needed for low light situations (like driving at night). Skip the Varilux option as mentioned earlier. I used to have it for many years but don't really miss it now. Clip-ons are cheap and easier. My older eyes think no line bi-focals are the cats meow too, and they still work great for hunting and fishing.

Post Your Comment
1/8/16 @ 9:09 PM
newoodhntr
newoodhntr
MEMBER since 12/11/01
I got my eye glass terminology mixed up I meant to say the transition lens are hard to ice fish and track at night not verilux. http://www.transitions.com/en-us/?&gclid=CMjn2KLfm8oCFZWCaQodRowCfg

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 14 Posts