Do You Take This Shot

10/6/15 @ 8:43 PM
ORIGINAL POST
brews4995
brews4995
USER since 4/2/10
Brisket with a bow- no. Lost a doe one year with a gun in the brisket. I know others will crucify me for this but if it is straight on a neck shot just below the white is the way to go. It is a quick clean kill and easy to trail, might go 50 yards. In my younger years left a beautiful 10 pt go at full draw looking right at me, didn't want to take a neck shot. Still regret it to this day. The very next year shot a smaller buck same exact scenario and pulled the trigger. 50 yards and 10 ft wide blood trail. Would do it again every time.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 Posts
10/7/15 @ 7:33 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER since 7/20/09
Any time you decide not to shoot because you are unsure, you did the right thing.

Post Your Comment
10/7/15 @ 6:55 AM
eyeslayer007
eyeslayer007
USER since 1/27/14
Take the ol neck shot. Stan potts took one of his 200 inch bucks in the neck!

Post Your Comment
10/7/15 @ 6:38 AM
.Long Barrels
.Long Barrels
USER since 12/9/14
Not trying to be offensive, but if you have to question it, don't take the shot. It's a lower percentage shot than a hindquarter shot to be honest. which I wouldn't think about either. there really isn't a lot of room for error with the way the shoulder bones are so close, you go too high you;re screwed, you are off a few inches left or right you will hit a leg or shoulder and risk the chance of the arrow riding the outside or the rib cage. it's really one of the worst shots you can take. You'd be better off shooting it in the neck, you get it in the neck anywhere you're going to get that deer. Again, not a shot i'd take, but if I were forced to choose, neck over frontal brisket any day.

Post Your Comment