Crossbow discharge bolt vs discharge target

9/14/14 @ 1:06 PM
ORIGINAL POST
SFC S
SFC S
USER since 1/24/06
So, being a cheap charlie- opted to by the 5 dollar discharge bolt instead fof the 30 dollar discharge target. I shot a bucket in they yard. The bucket didnt flinch, the bolt shoved itself through the rubber blunt end and through the bucket. Pretty cool huh? I'm just wondering if these decocking bolts can be shot into the ground, stumps, etc like they say, or do I just need to buy the discharge target to take hunting? Thanks
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 Posts
9/15/14 @ 8:00 AM
SFC S
SFC S
USER since 1/24/06
Thanks guys. I had a rotten log all picked out to shoot with my blunt when I was done hunting last night, wound up "decocking" on a nice big doe an hour before dark. Now I gotta go back with a metal detector and look for my bolt, I was hunting from the ground and that thing sailed straight through into a soybean field. At least from a tree they tend to stick in the ground, fletching up.

Post Your Comment
9/14/14 @ 8:02 PM
walleyeralph
walleyeralph
USER since 6/20/01
Be careful the integrity of the bolt can get weak and blow up.Use the discharge target as much as possible.

Post Your Comment
9/14/14 @ 3:33 PM
Steve @ G & S
Steve @ G & S
MEMBER since 6/15/01
I bought a discharge bolt and just shoot mine into the ground. So far so good after one complete season of crossbow hunting behind me.

The only thing I noticed was that the rubber blunt peeled back and ended up about 8 inches up the arrow shaft. So I epoxied an empty .44 magnum case onto the end and that's held up great.

Formerly Steve @ G & S

Post Your Comment