Bow hunting 2017 reports

8/25/17 @ 11:35 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Casedog
Casedog
USER since 10/4/11

I thought I would get one started! Countdown days- success-failure-sightings-- anything bow hunting related!! Bear season close and counting down the days to deer season!! Good luck in 2017!!! Casey

Post Your Comment
Displaying 31 to 40 of 297 Posts
12/3/17 @ 3:48 PM
7thson
7thson
USER since 6/4/06

Casedog , don't know what part of the state you hunt but, I expect another round here in northwest Wisconsin around the 10-15 of this month . 6-10 days after this full moon . Not because of the moon but, all sign I'm seeing as well as past experience here makes me think /wish I was in the woods for it !! Once again , bucks are roaming and new rubs are appearing !

Post Your Comment
12/2/17 @ 11:35 PM
Casedog
Casedog
USER since 10/4/11

Anyone seeing any signs of a second rut?? Wish I could be out there again but it ain't looking good until almost xmas!! I like to hear about any deer hunt because there always there own adventure!! I have nothing against cross bows but I hope I can stay vertical until I am 70!!! Awesome job and awesome story!! Nothing better than a vertical bow face to face under 20 yard kill! So much has to go your way!! It will always be my personal game of chess to get as close as possible to the most majestic animals in the woods!! God I'm already missing sitting in a tree and it hasn't even been a week!! Totally addicted to climbing a tree with a vertical bow in tow on public land and have deer walk right under you and not even know your there!! That's what gets me up in the morning!! Every hunt for me is a challenge!!

Edited on 12/2/17 11:45 PM
Post Your Comment
12/2/17 @ 6:28 PM
IceFishBaby
IceFishBaby
USER since 11/26/01

Had. Doe come in at 730 this morning.  Rusdhed the shot, hi tt shoulder blade.  4 inches tops of penetration.  Had two more does come in an hour later but opted to pass.  Tracked that morning and back this afternoon.  Not much blood at all and then stopped.  Mistake many have made.  Even with a fast bow, bad results may follow.   Saw three more doe and a small buck too this morning

Post Your Comment
11/30/17 @ 9:29 AM
lookn' 4 PnY
lookn' 4 PnY
USER since 7/15/05

7thson, great job and very inspiring!  Stangl, once again great bucks that area looks really nice!

Post Your Comment
11/29/17 @ 6:57 PM
stangl52
stangl52
USER since 6/23/06

dang lookin! that' a slob. love the deep forks. he will score well.hoping to draw that ND tag someday. haven' gotten the nerve to bow hunt it

here' my buck from SD rifle, couple different views. drew a pretty hard to get coveted tag this year. bucks were rutting good when we were there. warm weather though

Edited on 11/30/17 6:46 PM
Post Your Comment
11/29/17 @ 12:11 PM
jlkohl
jlkohl
USER since 6/9/02

Another shout out to ya 7thson...kudos to you!

Lookin...one heck of a mulie you got there. Deep forks, all around awesome buck!!

Post Your Comment
11/29/17 @ 11:44 AM
7thson
7thson
USER since 6/4/06

Thanx guys . Last fall I was down with a bad back , had it for years . Got my archery buck 15 minutes ino the hunt . Needed a help to get him on the dead sled , and out of the woods . Feeling much better this year . Wife doesn't want me hangin deer stands any more . Glad I have lots of county land around my house to walk out and hunt !

When I walked into the yard to get my wife to help me , I did a big fist pump , her response was , " How Ya like that crossbow idea now " ? She's right again !!

Post Your Comment
11/28/17 @ 7:57 PM
BadMoonRising
BadMoonRising
USER since 3/29/12

Right on.  Pretty inspiring

Post Your Comment
11/28/17 @ 3:01 PM
madforlabs
madforlabs
USER since 12/20/12

Way to go 7th Son!!  I just love to see dedicated archers who aren't using age as a reason to use cross thingies.

Post Your Comment
11/28/17 @ 2:56 PM
GreatOutdoors2001
GreatOutdoors2001
USER since 7/5/01

7thson, congrats on the nice buck and also for doing it the right way at 70 years old yet.  A lot of 30 and 40 year old pansies who want to do it the easy way aren't half the man you are.  One thing I have noticed, while the cross gunners are getting a decent amount of deer, it seems the archers still have a pretty good hold on the mature bucks.  Can't buy ability.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 31 to 40 of 297 Posts