Bow for the wife question

6/14/14 @ 9:50 PM
ORIGINAL POST
The Postman
The Postman
USER since 3/30/03
The wife is thinking about taking up shooting a bow but not hunting with it. My question is what would be a good starter for her. I've been checking out the Mission line ( Menace, Craze, Riot) and i really the adjustability of them for her as far as poundage and draw length. Not looking to spend a ton of $$$ just in case she decides its not to her liking. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanx in advance.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 Posts
6/26/14 @ 3:02 PM
The Postman
The Postman
USER since 3/30/03
ended up getting her the infinite edge by diamond. thanks for all the help guys.

Post Your Comment
6/19/14 @ 4:30 PM
git-da-net
git-da-net
USER since 4/12/07
I picked up a Ruckus for my boy and will be handing that one over the wife as he has grown faster than anticipated (that is what I told her anyway, so I could get me a new one) so Handing my old drenalin to him. Son was shooting that ruckus with the best of them and I really liked the look of it. Probably really cannot go wrong with any brand bow now days.Let her shoot a bunch and grab the one that feels best!

Post Your Comment
6/17/14 @ 4:23 PM
prusta81
prusta81
USER since 1/19/09
Oh and I should add, I wanted to spend around $400 after getting a bow all setup for her. I got the Ruckus for $269 bare bow from Hunter's Edge in Green Bay. Of course if you want to spend more there are definitely better bows than the Ruckus, but in this price range I would say it is definitely worth a consideration.

Post Your Comment
6/17/14 @ 4:18 PM
prusta81
prusta81
USER since 1/19/09
I was just in the same position with my wife. She shot the Diamond Infinite Edge, Mission Craze, Hoyt Ignite and Hoyt Ruckus. She liked the Hoyt Ruckus best and to tell you the truth so did I. What I liked about the Ruckus is it has cable stops so it has a pretty decent back wall, unlike the other three which were terribly spongy. My wife is fairly petite and so the scaled down dimensions of the Ruckus and narrow grip felt much better for her. The general look, feel and overall quality of the Ruckus is that of a standard Hoyt bow which is scaled down for youth and women. The Ruckus maxes out at 47 lbs, so it doesn't have the range of adjustment that the other three have but my wife was shooting it at 30 pounds, which was comfortable for her and I anticipate she will be able to draw more weight as she shoots more but I don't ever anticipate her pulling much more than 40 pounds. What the Ruckus lacks in adjustment I think it more than makes up for in quality. Just my $.02 and of course my recommendation would be to have her shoot as many as you can and let let her decide.

Post Your Comment
6/15/14 @ 3:11 PM
qdmaguy
qdmaguy
USER since 6/14/10
Got my 21 yr old step daughter a Bowtech Carbon Rose this spring. She was shooting great in a few minutes at the range. I ended up spending a little more than I had intended to, but that bow felt the best to her.

Post Your Comment