SEARCH
MORE
Archery

Blood therapy broadheads

5/22/18 @ 9:41 AM
INITIAL POST
sheephead
User since 2/8/17

My daughter won a 3 pack of these and they are a interesting idea. They have a tip like a regular broad head but the  side blades are 1 big circular blade like a pizza cutter. They say it is suppose to role past bone for deeper penetration. Anyone use these?

Displaying 1 to 13 of 13 posts
11/5/19 @ 2:18 PM
sheephead
User since 2/8/17

Congrats. Glad the blade worked for you.

11/4/19 @ 12:41 PM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Thought I'd follow up - first experience with the blood therapy broadheads was a success. Clean through and through, ripped apart both lungs at 35 yards, he didn't make it 50 yards with a great blood trail both sides. I'll be sticking with them! 

6/21/19 @ 3:15 PM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

The atom broadhead has a 5 star rating on ebay. Has to be good. Might have to snag a few of those as well!

6/19/19 @ 1:52 PM
browning3
browning3
User since 5/23/02

These look about as useless as the Atom broadheads.  No idea how people get sucked into  buying this crap.

6/4/19 @ 3:11 PM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

Yours might weigh more, but mine are flying a heck of a lot faster.

I could quote your whole reply,  but this one you really hammered the nail home.  You should read that book you have.

Someone please tell me how something circular can spin through an object having equal forces working on all the cutting surface. 

If it hits a bone on one side it could roll the blade but tell me what that's doing for you?  looks to be more a change in arrow path.  

See all these tests people do,  it's on all static objects.  Sheep head,  i'd put those tips for sale and hopefully find someone naive enough to buy em.

6/4/19 @ 2:08 PM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

I found 3 pack for 10$ so I bought them. For 10$ I figured I'll find out how well they work myself...

6/4/19 @ 2:07 PM
sheephead
User since 2/8/17

Never took those heads out of the package. I really should shoot them and see what they can do.

6/4/19 @ 1:57 PM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

I have my old physics book if you care to answer your own questions.

A rotating blade will have less friction between surfaces, thus requiring less force (draw weight OR broadhead weight) to provide the same amount of impact as something equally weighted, in theory. A simple concept, but back to my original question I'm wondering if anyone has any field experience with these tips to support the theory behind them.

You're not being an a-hole, you just have too much time on your hands and like commenting on posts whether you have an answer or not.

I believe shot placement is more important behind force behind the shot, which is why I like 125 grain. Don't forget that force is directly proportional to mass x acceleration. Yours might weigh more, but mine are flying a heck of a lot faster.

6/4/19 @ 1:35 PM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

No,  I don't shoot a Xbow.   I shoot a compound at 57lbs at 656 grains.  

How does it decrease resistance?  Do you know what resistance force is?  How does a wheel roll with the same amount of force acting equally upon both sides?  What increases momentum of an object?  Why would you only use a 125?  Why would anyone think of using a 100 grain tip?

Do you know the difference in flight at 30 yards from 100 to 125?  Have you tested an arrow with say a 100 grain vs 200 at 20 yards?

Once you have all the answers,  you will understand why one would shoot a 200+ grain tip.

Not trying to be an ahole,  but simply trying to educate and eliminate old myths on what the industry standard has become.  It's surely not based off science and what works the best if one needs something extra.  

One other question,  why do traditional archers use 200-500 grain tips?  what you can't get in speed,  you gain with more weight,  regardless of how fast it's going.  one more myth most would not think about.  someone that goes down in draw weight should go UP in arrow weight.

I know this is about this blood therapy head,  but I wouldn't even bother with it.

6/4/19 @ 9:52 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

250 grain? Holy man, I assume you shoot a crossbow? I'm thinking compound, I prefer 125 gr...

There are plenty of youtube videos showing them punching through some pretty solid material (cinder blocks, wheelbarrows, frozen deer shoulders, frozen bear meat). The videos are impressive. More wondering about actual field work - size of entry/exit wound, blood trail, do the mechanical ones actual open up, how do they hold up after shooting, etc. YouTube videos can show you whatever they want you to see unfortunately.

The way I took the whole rolling past bones is that the circular blade decreases resistance as it punches through bones since it almost acts as a wheel, not that it goes around the bones.

6/4/19 @ 7:54 AM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

Do they make them in a 250 grain?  If not I wouldn't try one.

They say they roll past bone?  What is that supposed to mean?  I prefer a head that destroys bone.  How does it roll through through a scapula?  How does that tip hold up to a leg bone of a mature buck?   If a head is supposed to roll past a rib bone that's silly.  you buy a head with good integrity,  quality material and ample arrow weight and it shouldn't need to roll past anything,  they pound through them.

6/4/19 @ 7:04 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Did you or your daughter end up using these broadheads? Came across them the other day and thinking about trying them out.

Displaying 1 to 13 of 13 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE