USER since 1/27/14
What are your thoughts
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 Posts
6/17/15 @ 8:16 PM
Black Eagle
Black Eagle
USER since 6/17/15
Everyone should shoot with Backtension!.

Post Your Comment
6/10/15 @ 8:35 PM
rePLOW
rePLOW
USER since 4/26/13
Took me about 6 months to get to the point that shooting BT became second nature for me. Took my shooting to a new level. I even hunt with it now also. Watch Lookin make the switch this winter and he made huge strides in just a couple months. Biggest thing is learning to pull through the shot rather than forcing the shot.

Post Your Comment
6/5/15 @ 9:36 AM
.Long Barrels
.Long Barrels
USER since 12/9/14
They make you a better shooter. I don't care what anyone says, accuracy is all in the release. If you are anticipating, driving by etc etc, you're never going to be good. When your release comes natural and the shot surprises you, then you are on to something. I can tell you what shots will be good and bad depending on the how the release goes off. I shoot a trigger release like a BT. Learn to shoot BT, take the technique of pulling through on a shot and it will make you WAY better with your hunting release.

learning to shoot a BT doesn't take a day or week....it could take months to get comfortable with it. The year I learned I shot it exclusively for 5 months. Set my bow back up for my trigger release and it was night and day. have not had TP since and very few have higher averages on the rubber range. If you are a trigger puncher, you will kill deer. If you want to become a good shot, you will need to learn how to stop pulling/punching the trigger. If you didn't know, talk to any good target guy. They won't tell you anything unless you ask. It's kind of a don't ask, don't tell type thing.

Edited on 6/5/15 9:40 AM
Post Your Comment
6/5/15 @ 6:31 AM
lookn' 4 PnY
lookn' 4 PnY
USER since 7/15/05
I shoot a Stanislawski Element and I love it. Takes some dedication to become proficient with back tension but the results are great. They are the best way to eliminate target panic in my opinion. I would have no reservations about hunting with my Stan.

Post Your Comment
6/3/15 @ 5:21 PM
cds
cds
USER since 9/18/01
It's how I got rid of target panic. Thousands of shots with a Scott Longhorn 3....I've just bought a Scott Exxus thump release but now I can execute the shot via BT whether using an index finger trigger,a thumb or a hinge.

BTW,never had TP on a deer and rarely on a foam critter. the smaller the spot I was aiming for the more likely TP would "happen'.

Post Your Comment
6/3/15 @ 4:16 PM
ditto
ditto
USER since 12/6/10
For indoor I prefer pure back tension releases but for hunting and outdoor 3D I prefer something that I can fire when needed such as the Carter Gorilla I use for hunting.

Post Your Comment