SEARCH
MORE
Archery

Back tag holder for Scent Lok wearers?

10/25/15 @ 7:25 PM
INITIAL POST
usmcgunner58
User since 12/26/08
I've been using scent blocker for many years which has two holes in the back of the jacket for back tag holders. I'm looking at switching to Scent Lok and it appears they don't have anywhere to put your back tag. What do you other Scent Lok guys do? I know and have heard of guys who just wear it on their backpack/fanny pack but I know per the regs that isn't legal. I'm not spending hundreds of dollars on a new scent control suit just to poke holes in the back. Any insight would be great. Thanks.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 21 posts
10/29/15 @ 3:26 PM
wautoush
User since 11/3/10
This is my invention patent pending
Back tag holder for Scent Lok wearers? photo by wautoush
10/29/15 @ 7:09 AM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14
Back tag....who wears their back tag? it's on my bag or in my pocket. I mean comon man...you can register electronically now. Let's get with the program in other areas' too. I've seen and called the WDNR tipline when blatant poaching was going on while fishing...poached deer shot with guns and bow tags put on them. NOT ONCE did the DNR show up. i'll take my chances on not wearing a backtag.
10/27/15 @ 10:20 PM
standard_lengthy
standard_lengthy
User since 6/8/07
Ditto, point made. Like yourself I never take a step into a tree without a safety harness. It's just good sense. Drinking is for losing inhibitions, internet forums are for trolling. It takes one to know one Wink
10/27/15 @ 7:56 AM
ditto
User since 12/6/10
When you know people who've fallen out of trees or had a close encounter yourself you lose your inhibition to say what you think about safety vests.
10/27/15 @ 7:18 AM
oldhunter
User since 2/28/13
Have any of you heard about the great technological invention called safety pins?
10/26/15 @ 10:19 PM
standard_lengthy
standard_lengthy
User since 6/8/07
Honestly I put my tag on my backpack. I'd have a hard time believing a warden would even consider that a violation worth even mentioning. Bigger fish to fry and all that... Blush
10/26/15 @ 3:50 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10
I bought my Scent Lok jacket because it seemed like a high quality product as far as comfort and looks and not because of scent control. I unfortunately couldn't figure out a way to put on my license without poking holes, so I just bit the bullet and poked the holes through my brand new jacket. I really didn't like it, but I had to. Truthfully Wisconsin just needs to get with the times and stop forcing us to wear back tags. Most states do not require back tags anymore that's why clothing manufacturers don't put the back tag holders on their jackets anymore. Word has it that a change will be coming in the next year or two so hopefully we won't have to worry about this too much longer.
10/26/15 @ 9:25 AM
standard_lengthy
standard_lengthy
User since 6/8/07
Use the camo duct tape from menards
10/26/15 @ 9:12 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09
I definitely would not buy it thinking you would be scent free, but I agree its decent clothing. That is why I bought it a while back. I just have it in warmer weather stuff and it seemed pretty decently made.
10/26/15 @ 8:54 AM
lazyfishr
lazyfishr
User since 5/29/06
But if the poster is a ground hunter, then Ditto's whole second half of his post looks more like the rantings of a "blunt" lunatic.
10/26/15 @ 8:42 AM
FLAN
User since 2/21/06
Agree with Ditto.
10/26/15 @ 8:08 AM
lazyfishr
lazyfishr
User since 5/29/06
There was a lawsuit a few years ago that proved all the scent blocking stuff bunk. They do make garments that seem nice and of good quality, but for that kind of money you can get into some nice wool.
10/26/15 @ 7:46 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09
I just had my wife sew on a small piece of camo material, the same stuff the back tag is made out of. Fold it in half to make a small loop about 3" long. I can slide my backtag through that then.
10/25/15 @ 10:07 PM
doohop65
User since 2/23/10
Love the show. Thanks guys. That being said I would look around. I have a couple scent look coats and I just looked, they both have special back tag holders sewed on them. About 2 inches wide with 2 small metal holes spaced out to slide your pin through. Not sure if they all have it or just certain ones. Good luck.
10/25/15 @ 8:29 PM
usmcgunner58
User since 12/26/08
Ditto, You need to calm down man. I don't know whats going on in your life to make you snap out at someone like that but you need to relax man. Theres being blunt and then theres going out of your way to be deliberately confrontational for no reason. I come on here to get advice from fellow hunters and I end up being berated? I know tons of guys who don't even come to this site anymore because of grown men acting like high schoolers. I'd never been on the receiving end, until now. Thanks for the help man.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 21 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE