MORE
Archery

arrow recommendation

1/21/19 @ 5:14 AM
INITIAL POST
Dolores1012
Dolores1012
User since 1/6/18

My grandfather recently gave me his bear kodiak which he bought new approximately 43 years ago. Does that sound right for this bow? I'm basing this on the fact that my uncle said he was 16 at the time and he's 59 now.

Anyway, I need an arrow recommendation for this bow. It's 60" and 48#. I've bee shooting it with some cedar arrows that Pap was using with a 2 blade bear broadhead. I've retired the remaining three arrows after three broke. I don't care if it's aluminum or carbon, but something in carbon express's lineup would be best since the local shop carries CX arrows and I can buy them individually.  

Resource Link: Rangerexpert

Thanks.

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
1/24/19 @ 10:01 AM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12

Where are you located Dolores? I've got a bunch of Easton 2117's sitting around collecting dust. You're welcome to a 1/2 dozen to try out.

PM me if interested.

1/22/19 @ 2:22 PM
Paddle Power
Paddle Power
User since 1/6/17

I believe the Carbon Express arrow you're looking for is the Heritage. I do not have any experience with them.

I currently shoot Gold Tip Traditional arrows and have for about the last 3 years with no complaints. I second the suggestion to call 3 Rivers Archery Supply, they know their stuff. I have ordered from them several times and their customer service has been excellent and very knowledgeable.

3 Rivers Archery Supply

If you've never shot traditional archery make sure you buy a stringer and a bow square. Learn how to correctly set brace height, 3 Rivers can help with that.

1/22/19 @ 7:38 AM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

I don't know much about this topic.  I did shoot a recurve for a while but shoulder surgery forced me to sell.  I had a buddy set me up,  he got me into a whole setup and I was shooting carbons with 5 inch feathers.  

Nowadays,  I don't think there is a totally wrong way,  but there are a few ways.  many are shooting cedar, carbon and aluminum.  Now if you talk to a hardcore trad guy,  my thought is he's going to tell you wood is the only way.  My buddy shoots carbon,  I shot carbon and the arrows flew well and there is nothing more durable than a good carbon.  

Not a bad suggestion by the other poster to call three rivers or even RMSgear.com 

Both specialize in traditional equipment.  Tommy Clum from RMS is about as a stand up guy you'll find in the archery world.  Good luck

1/21/19 @ 8:25 PM
wskiph
wskiph
User since 9/3/11

Call or email Three Rivers Archery...Google it ...owner originally from Wisconsin.

Sorry I don't know how to post website

1/21/19 @ 7:43 AM
drummer boy
drummer boy
User since 3/14/08
Thats a really nice bow,I would get some 2117 alluminum and arrow tune.
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE