Arrow FOBs

1/19/15 @ 7:15 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Coyote Hunter
Coyote Hunter
USER since 2/1/12
Has anyone tried FOBs. The price aside, these seem very interesting and a lot easier than fletching arrows. They are a product made by a company called Starflight. I seen a you tube vidio of a guy who also attaches yarn that in stowed away inside the arrow shaft so that when you pass through shoot something there is still a 10 - 20 yard piece of yarn/string to help find the shaft and nock. I also just noticed that another company makes a similar version that look like Blazer vanes.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 11 Posts
2/6/15 @ 2:58 AM
rePLOW
rePLOW
USER since 4/26/13
I tried them. Fly good. Easy to put on and replace. Biggest drawback is how easy they are to break.

Post Your Comment
1/24/15 @ 2:46 PM
fishfillet
fishfillet
USER since 1/8/13
they work great. that guy you saw in the video is Paul. he is the owner of the company. he's from arizona and he does a lot of stump shooting at cactus. the cactus really tear up other fletchings, so he came up with the FOB idea to save on refletching all the arrows and it works great.

Post Your Comment
1/20/15 @ 2:28 PM
Coyote Hunter
Coyote Hunter
USER since 2/1/12
Thanks to all who gave their thoughts. I ordered a dozen and will try them out and report back. I've spent more money foolishly before and probably will again. Thanks,

Post Your Comment
1/20/15 @ 7:08 AM
DLAMA2
DLAMA2
USER since 5/1/05
I think Browning uses these or was a few years ago.

Post Your Comment
1/20/15 @ 7:00 AM
lazyfishr
lazyfishr
USER since 5/29/06
I bought some a few years back because they looked interesting, thinking the would be a let down. To my suprise the shoot very good, but as mentioned, do not handle shooting tight groups. I thought they seemed a little bit louder than Blazers. If I hadn't bought 200 Blazers just before testing out FOBs,I might still be using them. I shoot a QAD HD rest and it has to be timed right for the FOBs to work, you also need to use the other launcher that comes with the rest.

Post Your Comment
1/19/15 @ 11:51 AM
Steve @ G & S
Steve @ G & S
MEMBER since 6/15/01
Yep, I've been using them for about 6 or 8 years now. They do work quite well, but as stated before, you MUST use a drop-away rest. And some rests work better than others as the rest must be completely out of the way by the time the FOB passes the rest.

I've killed a bunch of deer, a wild hog or two and an Asian Water Buffalo using FOB equipped arrows. What I like about them is the arrows will experience LESS wind drift with FOBs over vanes or feathers. And they do stabilize big two bladed broadheads I think a little better than vanes.

They are somewhat pricey however and if you shoot with any degree of accuracy, you'll have to shoot a 5 spot target or you'll start tearing them up.

But they do work as advertised.

Formerly Steve @ G & S

Post Your Comment
1/19/15 @ 11:04 AM
Timmer72
Timmer72
USER since 12/26/06
They do work, but too easy to break especially if you only shoot one spot. Kinda pricey and gimmicky in my opinion. Been out for about 10 years. Have to shoot a fall-away style rest as well.

Post Your Comment