Aluminum arrows

7/17/14 @ 4:05 PM
ORIGINAL POST
wskiph
wskiph
USER since 9/3/11
Does anyone still use aluminum arrow shafts,,I have some ,should I make the plunge and move to carbon..I shoot trad and compound,,sure would appreciate some feedback,,
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 Posts
7/28/14 @ 5:18 PM
windstopper
windstopper
USER since 12/4/01
Its not the arrow its the Indian I still shoot wood. Make my own he he tonto

Post Your Comment
7/19/14 @ 7:25 PM
ButtsD
ButtsD
USER since 12/20/12
Check out the new carbon micro skinny shafts. Carbon Express Pile Driver Extreme with the short carbon steel outserts are tough to beat as far as penetration and strength. If you test shoot them yourself they don't drop much more than normal diameter sized carbon arrows. It is a heavier shaft at 10+ grains per inch too. Do a side by side penetration test and prove it to yourself.

Shafts are about $90 a dozen with the short carbon steel outserts another $15 plus fletching but they are tough and penetrate much better than normal size carbon arrows. T

Victory VAP skinny carbons are close but have a aluminum outsert. Blackhawk also makes one but more expensive.

Skinny micro shafts will take over in a few years. They cut through the wind better with their small diameter.

Edited on 7/20/14 5:27 PM
Post Your Comment
7/17/14 @ 7:02 PM
Horble
Horble
USER since 4/11/08
I still have a couple dozen. To be honest, I have killed more deer with aluminum than carbon shafts but did completely switch over my hunting arrows to carbon maybe 10 years ago. Aluminum shafts can be mfg'd to tighter tolerances than carbon. If they are straight and matched to your bow weight and you can hit the bull, then use them. Kinetic energy/punch is not the same as carbon but the deer don't know that. I still use aluminum for indoor league and have no reason to change.

Post Your Comment