MORE
Archery

Adams County Deer Hunting

11/23/16 @ 2:32 PM
INITIAL POST
Bass Master1992
Bass Master1992
User since 12/26/10

Saw Juneau County had a hunting forum so figured I'd start one up for the hunters in Adams County.  Feel free to post trail cam pics as well as sightings and harvests.  

Displaying 1 to 15 of 153 posts
11/5/23 @ 7:48 PM
JACKWAGON 999
User since 8/12/20
Saw over 20 deer on an all day sit. 11 were bucks including 3 shooters. 8:00 until noon was best time.
10/29/23 @ 7:09 PM
JACKWAGON 999
User since 8/12/20
SouthEastern Adams county, sat Fri nite,Sat. morning, Sat. nite, Sunday morning. Had small bucks tailing does on every sit. Passed on a small 8 point Sat. afternoon. Looks like next weeks vacation will hit it right.
12/31/22 @ 6:23 PM
budman1987
User since 1/19/03

I've had 2 on camera this year in the Easton area

12/31/22 @ 3:00 PM
poptop
User since 10/1/03

Trail cam in central adams county. 

Adams County Deer Hunting photo by poptop
12/18/22 @ 2:26 AM
poptop
User since 10/1/03

Two from mid November 

Adams County Deer Hunting photo by poptop
11/27/22 @ 11:07 AM
antler junkie
User since 8/17/05

Adams County . Wife’s uncle.  ( gun kill )

Adams County Deer Hunting photo by antler junkie
Adams County Deer Hunting photo by antler junkie
11/18/22 @ 7:12 PM
trouter
trouter
User since 7/3/01

Today, when I was not home, an 8 pointer walked through the yard.   My wife shot the video to torment me with the buck that got away.

It was the first time we have ever seen a buck walk through our yard.   He was on his way the creek bottoms behind our house.

Have a safe and productive hunt.

11/17/22 @ 6:02 PM
antler junkie
User since 8/17/05

Very cool and unique rack Bass Master. Love the palmation on the left beam. 

11/17/22 @ 4:44 PM
Bass Master1992
Bass Master1992
User since 12/26/10

Had a successful rutcation and saw plenty of smaller bucks and does before this guy came out on the 12th.

Adams County Deer Hunting photo by Bass Master1992
11/16/22 @ 7:40 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

I have been on here for several years, and that by far is one of the greatest reports ever written, Idk why but I'm LMAO!

Good stuff thanks Trouter!

goodhuntin all!

"Since this is public hunting land, humans are sometimes seen."  My favorite excerpt. 

11/15/22 @ 9:38 PM
budman1987
User since 1/19/03

They were on their feet today... this guy went past the camera 4 times in 2hrs

Adams County Deer Hunting photo by budman1987
11/14/22 @ 9:45 AM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

The narration of your report seems to be spoken from the slang of a Phil Robertson or Ted Nuggent. I'm typically entertained by both. Nice! 

11/14/22 @ 8:39 AM
trouter
trouter
User since 7/3/01

The Evening Report.
Deer hunting on Sunday consists of an afternoon hunt that end at dusk.
The temps have cooled off to a nice 28 degrees with a slight breeze.   There is no snow.
An hour before dark, a deer flirted with the edge of my visual horizon.  It appeared to have stopped at a large tree and then lay down.
So I waited for 15 minutes to see what would come of this sleepy deer.    There was no more movement from the deer and the forest was quiet.   So I walked over to where I thought the deer was located.
As I approached the deer, I could hear the distinct sound of a human.   But then the silence resumed.   Since this is public hunting land, humans are sometimes seen.
I stood over the 4 point buck.   Not much for horns, but he was full grown.   In the distance stood a human in hunting attire.
I whistled a few times to get his attention.   At first, he said nothing and did not respond.  
That is odd behavior.
So I asked him why he was being silent, yet visible.  
"Are you looking for something ?" I asked.
Sure enough, he had arrowed the deer.   He lost the blood trail and he would not have found the deer on his own.   I continued to speak to the young hunter until he arrived at my location.
He was very pleased I found the deer for him.   Oddly, he did not ask assistance to help him drag the deer back to his truck.   I was disinclined to aid him on his mile long walk.
I had seen this buck, or one similar to him a few times in October.   Hopefully, I will fill a tag tomorrow so I can resume duck hunting.
One never know what they will encounter when they leave the paved path of civilization and enter the wild.

11/9/22 @ 9:52 PM
budman1987
User since 1/19/03

Few more

11/9/22 @ 9:51 PM
budman1987
User since 1/19/03

A few nice ones on camera this year..I have yet to make it up and prolly won't until after gun

Displaying 1 to 15 of 153 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE