2018 Archery Season

8/29/18 @ 11:08 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Casedog
Casedog
USER since 10/4/11

17 days until go time! How many people actually hunt the early September season? Where in Wisconsin are you hunting? What type of terrain? Any expectations? Introducing any youth to the great outdoors? 

I will start- I absolutely love the first 2 weeks of archery! 

I will be hunting the northern part of Juneau county!

i will be climbing very close to the hottest oak tree in the area! I usually start on a beautiful 40 acre chunk of county land! Trying to leave the private alone until the youth hunt! 

I have higher than normal expectations for this year due to the mild winters and great crop selection! The herd is in really good shape! Not quite as good as pre 2000 doe slaughter years but getting close again! I’m somewhat scared to drive on the roads at night which hasn’t scared me in almost 20 years now! Really hoping my 12 year old daughter or 9 year old nephew connects this year?

We should possibly have 5 youth hunters this year so that is going to make for a great year as long as safety is priority #1!

Im extremely excited as always and ready to go! 17 days and it’s my favorite time of year! I also wanna wish everyone else a safe, enjoyable, and memorable season ahead!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 154 Posts
11/11/18 @ 12:46 PM
alcrumpler
alcrumpler
USER since 7/19/09

Late report got this guy Friday came in to the extinguisher an can call 15 yrds fallowed by another 8 an yearling.

Post Your Comment
11/11/18 @ 4:17 AM
OB.3
OB.3
USER since 1/6/13

Two years and 17 sits later and this duck hunter finally sealed the deal on a deer! He was crusing and seen him out in front about half hr into sit at 60-70 yards.  30-45 later he came from inback of me and didn’t see him till he was with in 15 yards.. thought I was busted twice but he only would look at me for a second or two and must have figured I wasn’t a threat. Finally was able to shoot when he was 35 quartering away. Double lung and a 70 yard death run... still shaking! Awesome feeling, few more ducks might be making the flight south going forward! 

Post Your Comment
11/10/18 @ 5:43 PM
dodger
dodger
MEMBER since 9/3/01

Great job Collin !  Nice buck.

Post Your Comment
11/10/18 @ 10:31 AM
the Jimmer
the Jimmer
USER since 1/11/05

Sorry for the double post. Phone is acting up. 

Post Your Comment
11/10/18 @ 10:29 AM
the Jimmer
the Jimmer
USER since 1/11/05

Got this girl at 4:30 last night, winds west at 18 and real feel of 8 degrees. Woof. Was glad to get out of the stand. 

Freezer is stocked now, 1 buck and 1 doe. It’s gonna have to be a nice one to pull the trigger in the rifle season. 

Nice deer everybody. Congratulations. 

Post Your Comment
11/10/18 @ 10:25 AM
the Jimmer
the Jimmer
USER since 1/11/05

Got this girl at 4:30 last night, winds west at 18 and real feel of 8 degrees. Woof. Was glad to get out of the stand. 

Freezer is stocked now, 1 buck and 1 doe. It’s gonna have to be a nice one to pull the trigger in the rifle season. 

Nice deer everybody. Congratulations. 

Post Your Comment
11/9/18 @ 10:58 AM
the_dude
the_dude
USER since 1/10/03

That’s a booner, kv!

Post Your Comment
11/9/18 @ 10:45 AM
kvandehei33
kvandehei33
USER since 12/19/11

Hammered a HUGE red squirrel last night. Barely made it 10 yards before she crashed. Glad I could provide for my family this weekend! That's the extent of my archery season so far. Been a rough one. New property, still trying to figure it out.

Some nice deer posted so far, congrats to all!!

Post Your Comment
11/9/18 @ 8:28 AM
the_dude
the_dude
USER since 1/10/03

Great deer, Hankster!  Looks like a pile of mass on that boy!  Mature deer for sure.

Post Your Comment
11/8/18 @ 8:43 PM
musky nut
musky nut
USER since 7/20/12

Brother in law shot a real nice 9 pointer today at 4:30. Probably close to 145 inche's ...Sauk cty. I took off  a few days last week wish I would of took off this week. Oh well. Congrats to all that have connected. 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 154 Posts