2013 countdown to wi deer archery season

3/14/13 @ 11:01 AM
ORIGINAL POST
theimer
theimer
USER since 12/11/05
183.5 days to getting back in the stand and going for that big buck!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 37 Posts
9/12/14 @ 9:19 PM
lazyfishr
lazyfishr
USER since 5/29/06
I'm jealous of those that get to be out bright and early. Work til 7 am then a 3 hour drive home. Hope to sit a few hours in the evening. Found a new spot that has me pretty excited. Good luck

Post Your Comment
9/12/14 @ 6:50 PM
SJB
SJB
USER since 7/16/01
I have bowhunted for the last 27 past years, and I can't remember the last time I have been so excited for a bow hunter opener. Going to be leaving tomorrow at 4:45 to get to my stand well before season. Then I hope to take my 9 year old in the stand in the evening. We have aboug 20 different buck on the camera, about 6 are shooters. Just a matter of putting the odds in your favor. Sleep will be tough tonite!

Good luck to all of those that are hunting tomorrow, especially the young!!!!

Post Your Comment
9/12/14 @ 2:21 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
USER since 6/12/10
15 ours until I'm in the stand.

Post Your Comment
9/11/14 @ 8:14 PM
lazyfishr
lazyfishr
USER since 5/29/06
Just found out I have 1, maybe two albino deer in the neighborhood. Who's I had a decent camera to bring in the woods with me.

CDS, what shop is doing you'd work?

Post Your Comment
9/11/14 @ 6:57 PM
budman1987
budman1987
USER since 1/19/03
One more work day and it's game on for the next 3 1/2 months just got permission to hunt a new property so I'm pumped these cool temps are great good luck everyone

Post Your Comment
9/7/14 @ 8:12 AM
cds
cds
USER since 9/18/01
I started having problems with my bow in May. Brand new string and cables cut at the slide in 200 shots. Next string in less than that....It was also making a ticking noise. Some days every 6 shots,other days every 10 or so. Some days every other shot..."We'll have to take it apart..."

NO big deal. Warrantee work. Months and months before season start.

The bow has been in and out several times. Right now it's IN. Five full days before the season and I haven't shot it in over a month.

That's OK though. I saw the writing on the wall and bought a Forge.

I didn't want to do that. I wanted to have a whole year to shop and compare before I bought a new bow. Also,I still had some issues - for instance,I can't get the rest (QAD HDX) to play well with Blazers - just a tiny amount of occasional fletching contact.

But had I relied on my dealer and PSE customer service,I'd be (hopefully) picking up my bow some time this week...sighting it in just days before the season...

It was that brand's entry-level bow. The dealer - who has a great reputation and I can't really complain about...Much...is a 32 mile round trip from my house. Twice I drove there to see what's going on with my bow because they didn't return my calls.

That last paragraph is why I didn't buy my next bow from them.

ON a good day I'm shooting 5" groups at 40 yds. With BH's... There's a lot of room for improvement,but...On a BAD day I don't dare shoot groups at 25 - arrows are too expensive.

I'm ready for the season,no thanks to the bow manufacturer (who said it was probably my fault without having seen the bow)...or the dealer,who clearly were getting sick of a problem...

If anyone who owns a small business is reading this...It wasn't an "entry level" product. It was an entry level customer.

Edited on 9/7/14 8:21 AM
Post Your Comment
9/7/14 @ 12:36 AM
OUTDOORCRITTER
OUTDOORCRITTER
USER since 2/5/12
Bring it can't wait, I love me some Bow Huntin. Everyone be safe and good luck.

Post Your Comment
8/21/14 @ 2:09 PM
cm1234
cm1234
USER since 8/3/12
Scouting's been done since march, now just have to shine to keep tabs on bucks and wait for the wind to be right. Solunar patterns look good for opening weekend.

Who's going mobile this year?

Post Your Comment
8/21/14 @ 1:00 PM
Shadrap88
Shadrap88
USER since 4/6/14
Cameras out spots have been found The quest for swampzilla begins

Post Your Comment
8/21/14 @ 10:39 AM
budman1987
budman1987
USER since 1/19/03