USER since 6/14/10
Thanks for sharing that Retch.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 15 of 62 Posts
9/15/10 @ 9:42 PM
claybreaker01
claybreaker01
USER since 11/27/05
hmm i actually DO really vote based on who is going to address the out of control DNR and pro gun... I could care less about healthcare, all politicians raise taxes, and no one can fix what is wrong with this country's attitude towards work and the economy right now. So yeah, quite frankly I do consider deer management a HUGE consideration in who I vote for. I wish ALL sportsmen and women would.

Post Your Comment
9/15/10 @ 2:44 PM
foosdog
foosdog
USER since 12/19/01
I'm not totally sold on Walker yet, but he is better than the alternative for sure.

Post Your Comment
9/15/10 @ 1:54 PM
farnorthbadger_35
farnorthbadger_35
USER since 8/12/07
Great job and great info as usual,thank you.

Post Your Comment
9/15/10 @ 12:31 PM
farnorthbadger_35
farnorthbadger_35
USER since 8/12/07
Very clear agenda from both candidates.A good guess would be no partnering with anti-hunting organizations if Walker is elected,just my opinion .

Post Your Comment
8/21/10 @ 8:36 AM
Boomer1
Boomer1
USER since 2/22/09
From Scott Walker...taken from a column of the WI-force newsletter:

Whether it’s plunking tin cans in the backyard, competitive trap shooting or the annual pilgrimage to the family deer hunting shack, Wisconsin’s outdoor heritage is part of what makes it such a great place to live.

As strong supporters of our 2nd Amendment Rights, we must remain vigilant to protect our rights and our outdoor traditions from those that seek to impose onerous and unconstitutional restrictions on them.

During my years in the Wisconsin Legislature and as Milwaukee County Executive, I have always fought to protect our rights and have a consistent A+ rating from the NRA. As Governor, I will continue to make sure that Wisconsin citizens can own and use firearms as the founders intended when they crafted our state and federal constitutions.

I was a cosponsor of the original concealed carry legislation in 1999 and will always support Wisconsin adopting a reasonable and workable concealed carry law. It’s our right, but it’s also good public policy. Studies have consistently shown reductions in crime in states with concealed carry laws due to criminals’ fear that their potential victims might be armed. Even though I know that most Wisconsin citizens will choose not to carry, the presence of those who do will make our communities safer.

Homeowners should also know that their home is truly their castle, which is why I support clarifying Wisconsin law to allow for the use of deadly force in defending your own home from intruders. Wisconsin’s hunters should also be trusted to place their unloaded deer rifles on their tailgate without getting pinched by a DNR warden. We must also curb frivolous lawsuits so that firearms manufacturers are not put out of business by over-zealous trial attorneys.

I support Range Protection laws to maintain a safe environment for our law enforcement officers and other law-abiding citizens to practice gun safety. I am also committed to using a significant share of Wisconsin’s Pittman-Robertson funds for range improvement. Under Gov. Jim Doyle’s tenure, not one penny of PR funding has been used for this purpose.

I oppose mandatory gun registration, legislation that seeks to close so-called “gun show loopholes,” and ill-conceived ideas like micro-stamping. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said of my opponent, Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett, who has stood side-by-side with the radical anti-gun community and their freedom-limiting agenda.

Gun owners must also be responsible citizens. That’s why I also support reasonable straw-buyer restrictions and increased penalties for those who knowingly purchase a stolen gun. We must also assure stiff penalties for those that use a gun when committing a crime.

The 2nd Amendment is the guarantor of all of our other rights. Working together, I know we can preserve the freedoms enshrined in the Constitution. As Governor, I will always be a friend of the gun owner, a friend of the competitive shooter, a friend of the hunter and, most importantly, a friend of freedom.

Edited on 8/21/10 8:45 AM
Post Your Comment
8/20/10 @ 9:45 AM
Boomer1
Boomer1
USER since 2/22/09
You don't have to beg, RR. Pardon is given.

Yeah, it was suppose to read: Maybe he like's you as much as you like him.

Post Your Comment
8/20/10 @ 8:08 AM
RainbowRunner
RainbowRunner
USER since 5/31/02
Maybe he's like you and much as you like him.

I beg your pardon?

Post Your Comment
8/19/10 @ 5:15 PM
Boomer1
Boomer1
USER since 2/22/09
I appreciate Scott Walker's message of fiscal responsibility, really, I do. It's just that every time I plow my truck through yet another pothole I would appreciate him busting out at least a couple of bucks to repair our infrastructure instead of bragging about all the money he's saved

Maybe he's like you and much as you like him. Or he could be waiting to be Gov, snit can this train and use the bail out funds for real transportation.

Post Your Comment
8/19/10 @ 5:00 PM
Mad Trapper
Mad Trapper
MEMBER since 2/13/02
Barrett gave the same old crap with the horrible NRB. The NRB make decisions that affect all bussiness and people of the STATE, not just sportsman. If you want the Serria Club manageing your deer and fish populations etc, vote Barrett, Same as Doyle only 2x worse. The NRB is continuing making stupid decisions like trying to get the last 5 % out of the air. The cost to do this is 10 times the cost of reducing the first 95%, and your electric bills will reflect that in the future along with MORE loss of jobs that require power.

Post Your Comment
8/19/10 @ 3:18 PM
RainbowRunner
RainbowRunner
USER since 5/31/02
A collapsed parking structure is quite a stretch to hang on him. I think that gives us a bit of insight as to your POV.

I'm not so sure I'd go so far as to "hang" the collapsed parking structure on Scott Walker, I just believe it illustrates the general philosophy of "neglect" that is benignly passed off as "fiscal responsibility".

POV?

Sure, I don't like him PERSONALLY,

Has nothing to do with politics, trust me.

Just seems like yet another election where we must select "the lesser of two evils".

We're not REALLY going to vote based upon "management philosophies of managing the whitetail deer herd".

Are we?

Post Your Comment
8/19/10 @ 1:41 PM
farnorthbadger_35
farnorthbadger_35
USER since 8/12/07
If potholes no being filled is the worst to come out on Walker he has my vote.

Post Your Comment
8/19/10 @ 1:37 PM
RainbowRunner
RainbowRunner
USER since 5/31/02
Do you live in Milwaukee County Captain Mike?

I appreciate Scott Walker's message of fiscal responsibility, really, I do. It's just that every time I plow my truck through yet another pothole I would appreciate him busting out at least a couple of bucks to repair our infrastructure instead of bragging about all the money he's saved. Let's see, roads in disrepair, parking structures collapsing, Yeah, we're in great shape.

It's sad, really, the pathetic choices we have for Governor.

Post Your Comment
8/19/10 @ 12:33 PM
RainbowRunner
RainbowRunner
USER since 5/31/02
Scott Walker has simply identified yet another special interest group who he can tell what they want to hear to attain more votes. Just like he did when they wanted to create a "walking path" for the elderly along Lake Michigan in SE Wisconsin. Elderly? Do they vote? Walking? Scott WALKER? Get it? Never pass up the opportunity to glad-hand another special interest group.

And Tom Barrett.....oh gawd.

Post Your Comment
8/19/10 @ 11:33 AM
foosdog
foosdog
USER since 12/19/01
SS thanks, RS I assume then that since Mark Neumann isn't the "Repub front runner" his views are irrelavent? Personally I think we need to look at all the options....

Post Your Comment
8/19/10 @ 11:20 AM
Shoot Straight
Shoot Straight
USER since 10/31/06
I can tell you that when I set about writting this that I waited until the GOP selected their man. These two are the front runners for the party so it made sense (and due to space constraints) to interview only them. There are several other candidates but I have space limits. On the 14th of Sept. this will be a moot point. (WI primary) RS on one page back

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 15 of 62 Posts