Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

North lake, Wauk. Cty. Boat launch, WHATS THE HANGUP?

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

Flytrap
See Profile
Level: General User
6/29/08 4:31 PM CST
I'd say make sure you have somebody to stay with the gear while retrieving the car, or finding a different place to fish. Somehow, I just don't see waiting on the DNR as a viable option. Too much like a political campaign promise, and nobody really believes those.

Of course,you could try to interest a sportsman's organization to fund a boat ramp, but that may be as successful as waiting for the DNR.

Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 82
nihsif
See Profile
Level: MEMBER
4/9/14 8:27 AM CST
I would add, that I enjoy your posts about where you are living now, and appreciate how you are living... it is the sportsman's dream...congratulations on that... it looks like a beautiful spot and home

I can understand your position, somewhat, but simply disagree with it

no matter what a person's personal feelings are, the waters of Wisconsin are a treasure to be shared by all, and our lawmakers made that point very clear many years ago

nihsif
See Profile
4/9/14 8:17 AM CST
totally agree with the American dream and the opportunity that freedom allows us all.

don't agree with breaking the law... a law that is intended to provide that very same freedom to have an opportunity to access Wisonsonsin's water for the public

unclesmallie
See Profile
4/9/14 8:10 AM CST
Money does by privilege. That's what makes America great. The opportunity to be all you can be. What a great incentive to become educated an live large.

nihsif
See Profile
4/9/14 7:43 AM CST
who says money doesn't buy privilege... even when it breaks the law

http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/waterways/about_us/doctrine.htm

unclesmallie
See Profile
4/9/14 7:35 AM CST
The DNR said in September that it would not appeal the decision, saying that a "cooling-off period" was necessary to calm tensions between the parties.

It is my hope the "cooling off period lasts 100 years. I feel the price of admission is something that needs to be acknowledged. Front row seats brings front row prices. It is much like first class vs coach. The cost of property and taxes on North is extreme, perhaps North needs to remain the jewel that it is. There are a number of other area lakes with public launches available for public use. Both the DNR and citizens of Wi. know and understand the impact of over use of our lakes.

nihsif
See Profile
4/8/14 10:04 PM CST
nihsif
See Profile
9/11/13 10:00 AM CST
here's the latest... looks like money talks... now let's see if the privileged don't screw this around some more

http://www.livinglakecountry.com/lakecountryreporter/news/dnr-says-it-wont-appeal-judges-order-on-north-lake-boat-launch-site-b9992324z1-222958301.html

mingus
mingus
6/23/13 10:53 PM CST
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel article stated that 100 families of the lake association forked over $500,000 for lawyers to fight the boat launch. This would average around $5000 per family. These families must have pretty deep pockets to put up that amount of money. I thinks these people are getting some bad advice from their leadership and their lawyers. Any local lakes that I have fished on I have found the lake property owners quite happy to use their DNR established launches to put their boats in the spring and take them out in the fall. I wonder how much more money these families will have to kick in to keep this ridiculous lawsuit going.

nihsif
See Profile
6/20/13 9:36 PM CST
you mean just for the privileged few that can afford to lock up public waters for their own personal use I reckon...

Lake was a "jewel" too when there was public access before it got bought up by the "lake association"...

funny how they weren't worried about silt when they wanted the launch to be built in town,,but now are horrified that some silt may be coming into "their" lake with the dam maintenance upstream...... hypocrites .... they were fine with dredging the in town site every few years... hypocrites

unclesmallie
See Profile
6/20/13 7:43 PM CST
Definitely good news. Some places in this world need to be and should stay private. It is my hope that North can remain the jewel that it is and remains private.

nihsif
See Profile
6/19/13 8:12 AM CST
they tried blocking that first...but I like the way you think...

wouldn't that make their no smellin crap start to stink, and bruise their delicate sensitivities

cds
See Profile
6/19/13 7:54 AM CST
Screw'em...

Build on the Hwy 83 location and use the west side location to build low income,subsidized rental units.

nihsif
See Profile
6/18/13 11:59 PM CST
looks like the lake association found a friendly judge that overturned prior rulings... money talks

http://www.jsonline.com/news/waukesha/dnr-effort-to-open-north-lake-to-public-stalls-again-b9922273z1-209418281.html

might have to go another route...since this is flip flopping around the courts systems...

bottom line is that this lake does belong to the public by law...

rockbassman33
rockbassman33
12/25/12 12:20 AM CST
I figured that might be the case, I'll give them a call and see what the deal is.

nihsif
See Profile
12/24/12 7:48 AM CST
might be best to contact the DNR...as this is still being held captive by the lake association ... flinging all sorts of bogus lawsuits to delay/deny public access as guaranteed by the state of WI...

"North Lake is a 437-acre, 78-feet deep drainage lake located in the and Village of Chenequa. It is the largest lake in Waukesha County without adequate public access. The W.C. (Whitey) Kraus public access site is located on the northwest side of North Lake at W323 N7453 Reddelien Road, Town of Merton, Waukesha County. If you know where the old boat rental and launch was, you are right on target.

The department purchased this access site way back in 2005 to provide year-round public access for boating and recreation. The public access development includes:

1.) Reconstructing the existing access road;

2.) Installing a boat ramp and accessible boarding dock;

3.) Providing parking for 16 vehicles with trailers, two car-only parking stalls, portable restroom and dumpster enclosure, and

4.) Landscaping and storm water controls to manage site runoff.

"Development at this property will ensure that anglers and recreational boaters have permanent year-round public access for open water and ice fishing on North Lake"

important to note this was once a boat rental and launch

[This post was last edited on 12/24/12 at 7:50 AM]
Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 82
Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply IceForce AquaVu Uncle Josh Fenwick

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook