North lake, Wauk. Cty. Boat launch, WHATS THE HANGUP?

6/29/08 @ 3:32 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Flytrap
Flytrap
USER since 1/29/08
I'd say make sure you have somebody to stay with the gear while retrieving the car, or finding a different place to fish. Somehow, I just don't see waiting on the DNR as a viable option. Too much like a political campaign promise, and nobody really believes those.

Of course,you could try to interest a sportsman's organization to fund a boat ramp, but that may be as successful as waiting for the DNR.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 105 Posts
4/30/16 @ 1:48 PM
1up
1up
USER since 7/22/06
gill has the answer keep the other people off our lake type money

Post Your Comment
4/30/16 @ 10:45 AM
Gill 1774
Gill 1774
USER since 6/17/03
I talk to the Dnr launch lady on a regular basis. Her name is Kathleen W something and she said don't hold your breath on any new launch on North Lake. I say Too much money living on the lake fighting it.

Post Your Comment
4/28/16 @ 10:21 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

more from the DNR:

"Permits and approvals from DNR were complete last fall. I understand the NLMD recently applied to DNR for a dredging permit. This will be reviewed, not sure of timeline.

I believe conditional use permits were received from the town and county last winter."

...hope they get moving on this, but not holding my breath

Edited on 4/28/16 12:49 PM
Post Your Comment
4/27/16 @ 6:55 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
latest on the launch from the DNR

"The North Lake Management District has received all permits and approvals to develop a launch on the northeast side of the lake off Hwy 83 near the post office. To date, the department has not received notification of a date when construction may begin.

The department-owned site on the west side of the lake is on hold."

Post Your Comment
8/19/15 @ 2:11 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
here's the latest... meeting is today, 8-19... or you can write or email

http://www.lakecountrynow.com/news/lakecountryreporter/proposed-boat-launch-on-north-lake-will-be-topic-of-public-hearing-b99555392z1-321890451.html

Those who would like to submit written comments may do so by emailing Geri.Radermacher@wisconsin.gov or writing to Geri Radermacher, 141 NW Barstow St., Room 180, Waukesha, WI 53188. Comments should include the docket number ( IP-SE-2014-68-02207-02208 ) and be postmarked by Aug. 29.

Edited on 8/19/15 2:26 AM
Post Your Comment
6/10/15 @ 5:39 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
Interesting read Guys. One problem I see with this and other government projects is it was said the plan is 8" thick!!!!!!!!! Wow!!!!! Talk about overkill. It's 8" thick because of all the regulations. This makes anything more difficult. How many lawyers did it take to write this plan? At least I'm glad for the Fishermen that want to get on this water.

Post Your Comment
6/9/15 @ 7:58 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
fair enough, I apologize... this just gets under my skin

the fact of the matter is, if there wasn't the initial complaint way back when, when the site in town was initially chosen... this would have been done years ago

ready to move past it all, thanks

Post Your Comment
6/9/15 @ 7:39 AM
Pearle68
Pearle68
USER since 9/13/09
Start finger pointing - from your post:

"man this project has been a real cluster with the NLMD and their deep pockets and lawyers"

This project was never going to get done on the west shore. Said that from day one and it's been accurate.

I agree it's been a waste of money but some good has come from it - a launch in about 2 years and the end to a DNR practice that has been against the law. And yes, I do have access as does anyone under FOIA.

Post Your Comment
6/8/15 @ 2:41 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
do we really want to start the finger pointing again? have access to the court documents...

just happy this MAY be getting done before I croak

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 105 Posts