Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

Spring Turkey Tags

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

920hunterjohn
920hunterjohn
Level: General User
2/26/13 4:32 PM CST
Could someone tell me if something is wrong with the dnr, my son and I sent in for turkey tags, I recieved one, my son did not,and now they are selling left over tags in march for the zone we hunt. We pay 3 dollar application fee, and then 10 for a tag, not priced to bad, but a non resident can buy one for 15 dollars, and has a chance to get one before a resident who didnt draw one,

Tim_T
Tim_T
3/4/13 5:49 PM CST
If you do your application online, not only do you get a printed out confirmation of your actually applying, you can change it as often as you like up until the deadline.

Even with the new system where you actually apply at the vendors place, you can still go in to edit your choices up until the deadline.

Tim

Quack Shot
Quack Shot
3/4/13 12:50 PM CST
I called the dnr to ask about this. Had a problem like most of did. I thought since there is 3 different zone choices you must pput in 3 different zones. DNR told me no you can put all 3 zones to be the same. Also have 3 different time periods. So i put in 3 iffernt times thinking if my first time choice with my first zone choice did not work then they would move down to my second time choice. Not true. This may be confusing but to clarify this all the DNR told me to next season just put the same time and zone for all 3 choices. Doesnt make sense eitther! Wish we could stick with the old post card way personally!

My3Sons
My3Sons
3/2/13 1:33 PM CST
I think their new system is screwed up!!! We live in southwest WI were there are TONS of birds. I drew my first choice of seasons but my son got his third choice which happened to be in a different zone. I only put that choice in as a last resort. There is no reason why he didn't get one of his first two choices especially since I got my first choice... OK I'm done. Good luck to everyone this spring!

Foundry Rat
Foundry Rat
3/2/13 5:25 AM CST
I think maybe it would be advisable to make a copy of the application for verification that it was filled out correctly and show someone in charge. Not any help this year but I think I'll start doing it. That way there is proof the mistake is theirs and a free tag should be issued.

AllDayIDreamAboutSmallies
AllDayIDreamAboutSmallies
Level: MEMBER
2/27/13 8:29 AM CST
You've got to wonder how they set up their computer lottery system. Myself and my son got a permit for a time period we didn't even apply for. I'll be out of state on vacation during that time. Besides that, it was our 2nd choice for zones. I hope that didn't screw up someone else who would have liked to hunt that zone in that time period. When I contacted the DNR via e-mail, I got the response, "it's our 1st year with this lottery system, I'll relay your concerns to my superviser." I never have had a problem drawing a permit before. Either I have been extremely lucky, the birds are way down or their new system is severely flawed. Make up your own mind!

wet-net
See Profile
2/26/13 7:12 PM CST
You can go to the dnr web page and see if they got your sons app.

1cast-away
See Profile
2/26/13 6:15 PM CST
If the leftovers are for the same time period that your son applied for, I would say something was up.

Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick HT Plano

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook