MORE
Pike Fishing

Do pike bite late ice?

3/21/18 @ 12:12 PM
INITIAL POST
WisconsinHunter/Fisher
WisconsinHunter/Fisher
User since 10/9/12

When I mean late ice I mean the ice is only going to last a week or so. Seems like the last few times I went out it’s kinda slowed down but there was a high pressure system all the days I fished. Wondering if I should put the ice fishing stuff away or not.

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
3/28/18 @ 11:37 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

There's definitely a time they slow down from my experience. Before spawn. During spawn. After spawn. Seems like the bite gets hot for a bit (early to mid March in Southern Wisconsin where legal), but then it tapers off late March and early April, when I suspect they are spawning. 

3/28/18 @ 7:57 PM
Lake bum
Lake bum
User since 3/28/18

Better check the season close date.

3/23/18 @ 7:56 AM
WisconsinHunter/Fisher
WisconsinHunter/Fisher
User since 10/9/12
I’m fishing 2fow but still wear spikes and a life jacket have to cross a 6fow hole. That’s what I normally use is smelt or sucker on the bottom got 8 one day and missed probably 3 next day only one flag! 
3/22/18 @ 11:05 AM
jaybeeturtle
User since 3/17/06

Pike generally move shallower and eat lots of dead fish and frogs off the bottom at late ice. Where legal, I fish dead bait a foot off the bottom and do well this time of the year. Be safe tho

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE