The latest from Greg Karch and his kids events
This past Monday, I hosted a Cub Scout Fishing Evening at 1000 Islands in Kaukauna, Wisconsin. I started out the evening with my 'Fishing Basics' seminar. After the seminar the youths went fishing where prizes were awarded for largest, smallest, most fish caught, besides answering questions from my seminar and seeing if they utilized what I taught them. During the event, two youths caught their first fish!! Many youths earned their patch for fishing during this event. This also helped give them information that will be needed for the Fishing merit badge when they become a Boy Scout. Topics covered in the seminar along with an educational station were:
• Learn about the safety while fishing
• Learn about Open and Closed Face Spinning combo’s
• Learn how to cast with an Open and Closed Face Spinning combo’s
• Learn different types of presentations that catch fish and why
• Learn how to tie a Berkley Improved Clinch Knot and Palomar Knot
• Learn how to identify the different types of fish, where they are located and best time to catch each fish • Review different types of bait (live and not live) and fish they can catch • Review my tackle box and what it contained when I was a youth
• AIS message on Invasive Species and 'Clean, Drain, Flush and Dry' (Thanks Tim for attending the event.) All youths that attended the evening to learn about fishing received something that was fishing related from fishing combos’, ice fishing gear, fishing tackle, hats, shirts, educational books and more. A big THANK YOU goes to the NPAA, Dave’s Musky Club, Berkley, Plano, Badger Sportsman Magazine, Mercury, Off Shore Tackle Company, Lake-Link, TTI Blakemore Group and Wisconsin DNR. The Reel Shot provided the live bait. These kids were excited to attend the event and go home with fishing goodies. Together we are working to 'Grow the Sport of Fishing'!!!!!!
Next clinic is scheduled for June 2nd which is Free Fishing Day in Wisconsin. We will start out with family fishing and then at 10:30 A.M. I will give my ‘Fishing Basics’ seminar. We are expect over three hundred youths for this event. Last year 450 youths attended. Attached are a few pictures from the event.
4321 N. Ballard Road, Appleton, WI 54919-0001
© 2012 Microsoft Terms Privacy About our ads Advertise
[This post was last edited on 6/27/12 at 8:07 PM]