Mountain Lions in IL?

2/26/11 @ 5:24 PM
ORIGINAL POST
hoythunter424
hoythunter424
USER since 9/20/09
I am convinced anyone who has "claimed" to have seen a mountain lion in illinois needs to quit drinking straight out of the river. I have been in the woods of illinois since I was 14 and most of my buddies bow hunt. You would think if there was one around somone would have seen it from a tree stand. Not running through their hay field mauling their horses. Its a bunch of crap. People just wanna create a big fuss and blah blah blah. Its gonna take more than a mountain lion to keep me out of my treestand. and if i DO happen to see one while im on stand... you better believe im puttin an arrow through it. IDNR can kiss my @ss. All i can do is smile everytime they sit in their tripod off my hunting land and i "find" an excuse to go out in the woods and make as much noise as possible Smile Pucker up IDNR Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 18 Posts
2/22/14 @ 12:29 PM
gbob
gbob
USER since 2/22/14
Yes there are Cougars in Ogle County i'v seen one stone cold sober and about sh** my pants. I reported it to the ogle county sheriff oven by esmond on 64.

Post Your Comment
2/22/14 @ 12:17 PM
gbob
gbob
USER since 2/22/14
There's no doubt there are Cougars in Ogle County I saw and reported it back in 1993 to the Ogle County Sheriff's Department . Off highway 64 at the esmond curve

Post Your Comment
2/22/14 @ 12:15 PM
gbob
gbob
USER since 2/22/14
There's no doubt there are Cougars in Ogle County I saw and reported it back in 1993 to the Ogle County Sheriff's Department . Off highway 64 at the esmond curve

Post Your Comment
1/18/13 @ 10:52 PM
Rocktonfisher
Rocktonfisher
USER since 4/18/11
search on the wisconsin DNR website for mountain Lion. There is one confirmed to have come into IL and then return to Wisconsin where it was captured.

Post Your Comment
12/12/12 @ 12:39 PM
basshunter.
basshunter.
USER since 2/3/11
Theres one that escaped out of walworth and was last seen at white oaks and state line in Harvard IL.

Post Your Comment
11/5/12 @ 9:41 AM
Bowman
Bowman
MEMBER since 6/27/01
personally seen one in Ogle county. Then there is the trail cam photos that ive seen from this area too. no not a bunch of crap. They are here just like wolves are, buy the way seen two of those also.

Post Your Comment
11/3/12 @ 9:02 PM
Ramsey870
Ramsey870
USER since 3/6/11
Where I deer hunt down in Alexander County there was one hit by a train a few years ago. One of our buddies has one on a trail cam just a couple miles down the road from our property. They have seen a cat walk into to woods right where my stand is. I live in Kane County and out behind my neighborhood I have found tracks of the big cats. I know they aren't coyote or a large domestic dog because noone has a dog with a track bigger then my fist in a ball. 280lb guys have big fists too. I find deer kills almost weekly when I'm shed hunting. coyotes dont cover their kills with grass but cougars do and they are usually always covered as well. 5 Miles from my house at a tree farm my buddy has pictures of a mountain lion on his trail cam.

A friend that I turkey hunt with and ocassionaly deer hunt with has seen a document from the 80's which stated there were 2 pairs of breeding cougars placed in every county to keep deer herds down. 2 pairs means 4 cougars and cougars have more the one cub per litter if you will. over the years that number adds up.

Post Your Comment
10/31/12 @ 10:40 AM
BOBBYB
BOBBYB
USER since 5/24/03
Just in the paper this morning

Post Your Comment
9/18/12 @ 8:30 AM
basshunter.
basshunter.
USER since 2/3/11
There is one in jo davies county i know for sure.

Post Your Comment
3/6/12 @ 9:21 PM
luremaker
luremaker
USER since 1/23/12
For all you people in Illinois that dont believe that mountian lions are not in your state guess again. They are not here to scare you but to try and control the deer herd. Wisconsin dnr have been releasing them for years but deny it. I personally saw one in Vernon county in the early 90's. Was no house cat. Nor a bobcat. Looking thru bino's at about 800 yards for about 30 minutes with 6 other people. It was there. Amish kids have been attacked by them walking to and from school. Thier horses while going down the road. They dont call the cops or the dnr. They take after the cat and eliminate it. Plain and simple. I know people that have trail videos of the dnr unloading them by Lacrosse but still deny it. As we all know, dnr stands for damn near russians!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 18 Posts