Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

Late ice on Pool 4 of Mississippi

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

Wade B
See Profile
Level: General User
2/18/12 9:27 PM CST
Well, I'm a grown man and I can take my lumps. Today was one of those days. I got schooled by my buddies. Of course it helps when they are in the right place and I'm about 20' off the right structure.

The crappies and sauger were cooperating for my buddies at least. I did manage one nice perch. Either way you couldn't ask for a much better day weather wise to be out there.

There was open water about 50 yards to the west of us. There were 5 or 6 guys set right up next to the open water and they were putting on a seminar catching one Flathead Cat after another. They must have caught 20 Flatheads in the hours we were there. One that had to be pushing 25#.

Wade B
See Profile
2/18/12 9:46 PM CST
I know part of my problem was I couldn't get away from these guys all day.

Wade B
See Profile
2/18/12 9:29 PM CST
Some more pics. Some guys in ultralights were out cruising around about 10' off the ice. It was kind of cool to see.

Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook