Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

Navionics Mobile App??

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

walleyeguy007
See Profile
Level: General User
1/19/12 4:36 PM CST
I see Navionics has an App for Droid users that looks to have the same info as the chips for GPS units. Has anyone ever downloaded this app and how well does it work? I have a Magellan Triton gps and can't seem to find a chip that is compatable or I would just go with the gps chip. Thanks guys. I don't want to spend 15 bucks for an app that doesn't work. Reviews on the app market doesn't give real good information.

Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 104
nihsif
See Profile
Level: MEMBER
11/5/13 8:34 PM CST
I rigged a cable to allow me to connect a car style phone charger, so I can charge phone if there is an issue... just a nice thing to have... it plugs into the bow and stern trolling motor recepticals... I am running a 12 TM, so not sure if you would need to wire differently in a 24 v system

jchunter76
jchunter76
11/5/13 8:22 PM CST
I use the Navionics app with my galaxy S4 phone. You guys wondering should be fine.

SnakeSter
See Profile
11/5/13 2:44 PM CST
You just have to turn it off when you get to your spot. If you don't shut off the program, it will burn your battery up.

nbaker2
nbaker2
11/5/13 7:10 AM CST
Great App, but it will eat your battery fast, especially on the ice. My advice would be to mark some spots right away that you might want to fish, or take an extra battery or charger with.

beasly
See Profile
11/4/13 4:13 PM CST
I sure hope it works. I have the Galaxy 1 and it works fine, but I am upgrading to the 4 in the next couple of weeks. I always thought all the Galaxies would be compatible.

gater
gater
11/4/13 1:43 PM CST
Dose anyone use the navionics app on the samsung galaxy s4? I have that phone, and want to use the navionics app,but the navionics app says its not currently compatible but they are working on it, and it has said that since I got the phone. I want to know if the app works on that phone or not.

Samtheman
See Profile
11/2/13 10:56 AM CST
I downloaded this app and love it. It saved me hundreds on a hand held in suggest gettingit if you have not yet done so.

nbaker2
nbaker2
9/16/13 8:56 AM CST
This is the only app I have ever paid money for and it was well worth it. It does run the battery down pretty quick on your phone but it is quite accurate and very easy to use. It helps you find spots easier and get set up and on fish much quicker, well worth the price. if you don't fish Canada it is $10 bucks for the US only maps.

Gator43
See Profile
7/19/13 2:34 PM CST
Thanks a lot jchunter! Just went into "my apps" and installed them all again. I do recall when setting up the phone it asking me about installing apps and I declined til later...pretty sure it would have self-installed them all. next time! Also went into settings and made sure 'back up' of data and apps was enabled.

jchunter76
jchunter76
7/19/13 8:35 AM CST
Gator, go into your phone under your apps not the app store and it should be there. I updated my phone about a month ago and had no problems reinstalling it on my new phone at no charge. The apps go with your Google account not your phone.

Gator43
See Profile
7/19/13 8:08 AM CST
Hi Rich,

I recently left my S3 on the gunnel of my boat and smashed it to smithereens all over hwy21. Yey! So I just got a new replacement, and I'd like to load the app back on it. Can't live w/o it ya know!

I've read in the past that others, once already paying for the app, have been able to load it on other devices at no additional charge.

Can I do that on my cell too? I don't see any other options besides having to pay for it.

Thanks!

RichNavionics
RichNavionics
3/7/13 12:46 PM CST
tap the spot you want saved. a '?' will appear. tap on that. in the next pop up box, tap on 'marker'. here you can edit the icon and name of the mark

Panny Man
See Profile
3/7/13 12:20 PM CST
I cant figure out how to save waypoints. If I've found a fish crib how do I save that point can someone help me thanx

skeeterzx
skeeterzx
3/3/13 8:42 AM CST
Yep, read the fine print after you select the payment price,reads exactly as I wrote it.

madhunter
madhunter
2/26/13 5:37 PM CST
I have this APP on both my Motorolla RAZR MAXX and on a Motorola xyboard 10.1 (tablet) and in both cases it is flawless.

I created a user account and able to save way points and routs. The zoom on the tablet is awesome...

[This post was last edited on 2/26/13 at 5:37 PM]
Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 104
Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick Baitmate

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook