Navionics Mobile App??

1/19/12 @ 3:36 PM
ORIGINAL POST
walleyeguy007
walleyeguy007
MEMBER since 1/1/06
I see Navionics has an App for Droid users that looks to have the same info as the chips for GPS units. Has anyone ever downloaded this app and how well does it work? I have a Magellan Triton gps and can't seem to find a chip that is compatable or I would just go with the gps chip. Thanks guys. I don't want to spend 15 bucks for an app that doesn't work. Reviews on the app market doesn't give real good information.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 104 Posts
11/5/13 @ 7:34 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
I rigged a cable to allow me to connect a car style phone charger, so I can charge phone if there is an issue... just a nice thing to have... it plugs into the bow and stern trolling motor recepticals... I am running a 12 TM, so not sure if you would need to wire differently in a 24 v system

Post Your Comment
11/5/13 @ 7:23 PM
jchunter76
jchunter76
USER since 12/12/10
I use the Navionics app with my galaxy S4 phone. You guys wondering should be fine.

Post Your Comment
11/5/13 @ 1:44 PM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
You just have to turn it off when you get to your spot. If you don't shut off the program, it will burn your battery up.

Post Your Comment
11/5/13 @ 6:10 AM
nbaker2
nbaker2
USER since 3/6/09
Great App, but it will eat your battery fast, especially on the ice. My advice would be to mark some spots right away that you might want to fish, or take an extra battery or charger with.

Post Your Comment
11/4/13 @ 3:14 PM
beasly
beasly
USER since 6/12/03
I sure hope it works. I have the Galaxy 1 and it works fine, but I am upgrading to the 4 in the next couple of weeks. I always thought all the Galaxies would be compatible.

Post Your Comment
11/4/13 @ 12:43 PM
gater
gater
USER since 11/25/07
Dose anyone use the navionics app on the samsung galaxy s4? I have that phone, and want to use the navionics app,but the navionics app says its not currently compatible but they are working on it, and it has said that since I got the phone. I want to know if the app works on that phone or not.

Post Your Comment
11/2/13 @ 9:57 AM
Samtheman
Samtheman
USER since 9/23/13
I downloaded this app and love it. It saved me hundreds on a hand held in suggest gettingit if you have not yet done so.

Post Your Comment
9/16/13 @ 7:57 AM
nbaker2
nbaker2
USER since 3/6/09
This is the only app I have ever paid money for and it was well worth it. It does run the battery down pretty quick on your phone but it is quite accurate and very easy to use. It helps you find spots easier and get set up and on fish much quicker, well worth the price. if you don't fish Canada it is $10 bucks for the US only maps.

Post Your Comment
7/19/13 @ 1:34 PM
Gator43
Gator43
USER since 8/1/01
Thanks a lot jchunter! Just went into "my apps" and installed them all again. I do recall when setting up the phone it asking me about installing apps and I declined til later...pretty sure it would have self-installed them all. next time! Also went into settings and made sure 'back up' of data and apps was enabled.

Post Your Comment
7/19/13 @ 7:36 AM
jchunter76
jchunter76
USER since 12/12/10
Gator, go into your phone under your apps not the app store and it should be there. I updated my phone about a month ago and had no problems reinstalling it on my new phone at no charge. The apps go with your Google account not your phone.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 104 Posts