Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

Slush Removal

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

WALLEYE_STALKER
WALLEYE_STALKER
Level: General User
1/6/11 7:48 AM CST
How do you guys deal with the slush after drilling the holes in your shack? Share your brilliant ideas or homemade contraptions.

Stout_grad_01
See Profile
1/7/11 12:28 PM CST
the slush bucket works pretty good. cheaper to make one then buy one though

wanna be fishen
See Profile
1/7/11 10:26 AM CST
scoop it in a five gal bucket that way u have a place too keep your beer cold Big Smile Wink

DJH
See Profile
1/7/11 9:57 AM CST
I have a clam 6800. It has 6 holes. I got tired of drilling in my shack and scooping out ice and causing a mess since the shack has a floor. So I came up with a way to pre-drill my holes and am able to then just slide the shack over and have all 6 holes match up.

Two good sized dowel rods cut to length of the width of inside the shack. Put them inside the shack on each end. Make a mark on each side where the middle of the holes would be. Then drill a hole through the dowel. Take rope and lay it from dowel to dowel over the holes of the shack. Feed the rope through the dowel holes and knot them off. Then mark on the rope the middle of each hole.

Now before setting up, I can stretch out the dowels getting the ropes tight. Then mark in the snow/ice at each mark on the rope. Drill the holes. Clean up the area. Slide the shack over and you are good to go. I just keep the dowels/rope in the shanty when I pack up.

Solved a hole ton of problems.

cds
See Profile
1/6/11 8:49 AM CST
A snow shovel doesn't weigh much and doesn't take up much space

WSIcerat
WSIcerat
1/6/11 8:20 AM CST
slush inhaler is bad a$$. I know its not home made but you might be able to make one. With a 10" auger there tends to be a ton of slush so its one of my best purchases... just don't let one of your friends drop it down the hole. You can modify it by extending the handle so it can't fall down the hole.

gamehunter
gamehunter
1/6/11 8:07 AM CST
With my portable I run the auger in the hole just enough to mark it. Then I slide the shack over and drill my holes and shovel away the slush and clean out the holes. Then I slide the shack back over the holes and its good to go.

Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick Baitmate

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook