Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

Strikemaster Ice Auger Problem

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

benjyll44
benjyll44
Level: General User
12/30/09 1:59 PM CST
I own a strikemaster lazer mag express only on its second year. I have noticed that on low idle the auger will stop running. Its fine at full throttle, but once you get off of it, than it shuts down. Its a bit of a rough starter, i'm not sure what type of problem i got. Any Help. Also my muffler seems to leak a bit of unused gas through the cracks. I'm using 40:1 fuel mix. Thanks

wirehairjake
wirehairjake
Level: MEMBER
4/4/14 5:02 AM CST
I have a new strikemaster with 2.5 solo engine. The gas runs right out the carberator onto everything.I took it to strikemaster authorized repair center its been there two weeks he has not looked at it.I will pick it up today and take to a back yard repair shop has anyone had this type of carberator issue. Centeral Wi Angry

crappieguy
See Profile
12/30/09 4:13 PM CST
Switch to synthetic oil and that dripping problem will go away. I use Amsoil Saber 2 cycle oil mixed at 50:1. Auger runs like a champ and no dripping.

ajs
See Profile
12/30/09 3:15 PM CST
Your carb most likely needs to be cleaned. but look at the carb and you should find the idle screw turn it in a little at a time and see if your idle problem goes away. but be sure not to turn the idle up to far or the clutch will engage and the bit will turn. As for the oil fuel build-up its actually quite common on two cycle engines. They do not burn all the fuel\oil that enters the cylinder and it ends up building up in the exhaust and the leaking is the result. I have the new solo and have not used it enough to see it it also has the build-up problem. But it seems to be a more efficient design..

Ajs

muppert
See Profile
12/30/09 2:05 PM CST
BenJ,

I had some different problems with my auger last year. I ended up driving to the Strikemaster warehouse and having my problem fixed on the spot.

While I was there however, they noticed the same problem of a build-up of leaking gas and oil accumulating on the lower part of the exhaust. They said they have been telling all their customers to switch to a 50:1 mix ratio on the fuel and that should help the problem. I would NEVER have hear or done this if I hadn't had a problem with the bit on the auger.

May want to call and talk with Strikemaster themselves and see what they tell you.

BTY this was with the old Teschume (spelling) engine before the switched to the Solo engines this year.

Hope this helps. Muppert

Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick Baitmate

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook