Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

ice fishing shack/trailer question

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

teamlund
See Profile
Level: General User
11/28/09 11:19 AM CST
hey fellas, I am going to be throwing together a ice shack for this winter. I am looking at building one with the trailer underneath. I dont want to deal with the ski type. I want a shanty that can very comfortably fish two guys jigging. I want a size that will allow the two fisherman facing the back of the shack to fish side by side as it will be easier to get out of the door behind us. What size are the rest of you using? I am leaning towards 5x8...Your thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Also, what type of trailer works best for an ice shack? a reg flat bed or a flat bed with the low walls?

[This post was last edited on 11/28/09 at 11:32 AM]
gatorguy
See Profile
11/28/09 1:52 PM CST
me and a friend got ahold of an OLD OLD popup camper took it down to the bare frame that measues 6' 6" wide and 8 fet long. were gunna add another foot to the back of it to make a "landing" hha a little spot to keep minnow buckets off the ice or anything else.. and we are also adding 6 inches to each side so make it 7' 6" wide approx my friend is also a carpenter by trade so he likes the challenge.. will fish 3 jigging. also gunna have 2 fold down bunks in the back of it for walleye fishin. trying to get it done before good ice..

Walleye64
Walleye64
11/28/09 11:48 AM CST
buy a cheap little boat trailer and make your shack 6ft by 4 1/2 and mount the trailer to the side of it. the trailer will be on the side of your shack when it sits on the ice. make the ball hitch removable so no one will steal it. its a perfect light weight two man jigging shack. Big Smile Big Smile

Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick HT Plano

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook