Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

tip up lights

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

Scharby the WalleyeSlayer
Level: General User
11/12/09 12:06 PM CST
anybody have any comments on the best tip up light to use... ... I have used gogebic lights my whole life and they work pretty good but are sometimes hard to see at at a distance

Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 36
baconator
See Profile
2/26/12 8:37 PM CST
The LIGHTHOUSE Tipup Light can be uded on any flat laying tipups that have a spindle that releases the flag. Lighthouse works on Polar, Artic, Frabil and most similar brands. Not Just Beaver Dams! Thanks

- Tight Lines-

Slippery's
Slippery's
10/24/10 8:58 PM CST
Hi Glow Tip Ups... They work every time and are super bright and made in WI!!!

http://icefishinglight.homestead.com/higlow.html

rgnieds
rgnieds
2/2/10 10:49 AM CST
the frabil arctic fire lights are my favorites they're better built than most lights and can take quite a beating and still work. i also have some lighthouse lights which are nice cuz u can tell if you're tip-up is spinning from a distance but the downside is that i personally use a lot of bigger bait and i get a quite a few minnow trips if i use these lights and these lights can only be used on beaver dams.

brian426
See Profile
Level: MEMBER
2/2/10 1:46 AM CST
I use Frabill Lil' Shiners, they clip on easily, flash when they go on and visible at a good distance.

UA Pro
See Profile
1/31/10 10:56 PM CST
Use Frabill "Artic Fire" lights..have always worked well. Even when its real cold they still work, However i do have reflective tape for insurance and shine them all periodically

Zmaniac
Zmaniac
1/31/10 9:29 PM CST
Over the years I think i have tried pretty much every light available for tip-ups. Even the remote style that you carry a receiver on your person. Now I have the Arctic Sirens on my Beaver Dam tip-ups and have never had a problem. There are 3 things that you have to do. #1 is make sure the pin is on the spring side of the tip-up when you stick them on. #2 is to make sure that there is slack in the string when you clip them on. #3 is to clip them at the very end of the flag rod. I clip it over the end of the rod as it actually extends the rod the length of the clip. I have never had a failure with this method. The only thing with the siren is that you let everybody on the lake know when you get a flag because they are pretty loud.

fish12345
fish12345
1/31/10 9:00 PM CST
has anyone used or have possibly looking to sell any light house tip up Lights/ system let me know what you think if your not looking to sell anything still though thanks alot

TipDownRanger19
See Profile
1/19/10 12:39 PM CST
Have 2 artic sirens, absolutely hate them. Seam to have trouble with the tipup being able to pull the pin out of the siren. Therefore the flag never goes up. I use beaver dams and they have plenty of spring. I would not recommend artic sirens as they are clumpsy and don't work as good as promised. many better cheaper options

MuskyHunter
See Profile
1/17/10 5:25 PM CST
Arctic Sirens for $5 at Cabelas!

west1
west1
12/5/09 10:25 AM CST
The light house lights are good. I have seen them work pretty well. They are expensive if you buy them online. They are cheaper ($12) at times at places like Fleet Farm or Farm and Fleet. That said, I have not seen them there consistently.

PhishingEyes
PhishingEyes
11/26/09 1:25 PM CST
I have used many different lights over the years and have found the lighthouse light to be the best. I went fishing with a guy I work with for the first time last year and he had them. As soon as I seen them work I wanted a couple of them. The light goes on the tee of the tip-up. So when you are night fishing you can actually see the fishing pulling line out or not pulling line out. The LED lights are bright enough that I can see them from quite a distance away.

hard water
See Profile
11/19/09 9:48 AM CST
The Omni "Strike Lite" is a really good tip-up light. Very visible from a long distance. And the battery lasts forever. I still have the original batterys and I bought the lights 6 years ago.. The Frabil "arctic Fire" is another good light. Just a matter of choice. The arctic fire doesn't sound an alarm, that's the arctic siren.

[This post was last edited on 10/28/10 at 10:17 AM]
MuskyHunter
See Profile
11/17/09 5:06 PM CST
I made my own LED ones last year and this year I am gonna try the Arctic Fire ones. Bright flashing LEDs and sounds like a car alarm.

Gunsnbowses
See Profile
11/16/09 6:33 PM CST
I used the homemade lights with Xmas lites and 9v battery for years. Guess I got tired of tangled wires, so I asked for the Nite Strikes as a Christmas present. I really like them!!!

11/16/09 11:46 AM CST
Cheqbass have you used strike sensor before?

[This post was last edited on 11/16/09 at 7:39 PM]
Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 36
Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick Baitmate

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook