tip up lights

11/12/09 @ 12:08 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Scharby the WalleyeSlayer
USER since 2/25/08
anybody have any comments on the best tip up light to use... ... I have used gogebic lights my whole life and they work pretty good but are sometimes hard to see at at a distance

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 15 of 33 Posts
2/26/12 @ 8:37 PM
baconator
baconator
USER since 1/26/12
The LIGHTHOUSE Tipup Light can be uded on any flat laying tipups that have a spindle that releases the flag. Lighthouse works on Polar, Artic, Frabil and most similar brands. Not Just Beaver Dams! Thanks

- Tight Lines-

Post Your Comment
10/24/10 @ 8:59 PM
Slippery's
Slippery's
USER since 10/17/10
Hi Glow Tip Ups... They work every time and are super bright and made in WI!!!

http://icefishinglight.homestead.com/higlow.html

Post Your Comment
2/2/10 @ 10:50 AM
rgnieds
rgnieds
USER since 1/10/08
the frabil arctic fire lights are my favorites they're better built than most lights and can take quite a beating and still work. i also have some lighthouse lights which are nice cuz u can tell if you're tip-up is spinning from a distance but the downside is that i personally use a lot of bigger bait and i get a quite a few minnow trips if i use these lights and these lights can only be used on beaver dams.

Post Your Comment
2/2/10 @ 1:47 AM
brian426
brian426
USER since 12/16/09
I use Frabill Lil' Shiners, they clip on easily, flash when they go on and visible at a good distance.

Post Your Comment
1/31/10 @ 10:56 PM
UA Pro
UA Pro
USER since 1/26/10
Use Frabill "Artic Fire" lights..have always worked well. Even when its real cold they still work, However i do have reflective tape for insurance and shine them all periodically

Post Your Comment
1/31/10 @ 9:29 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
USER since 2/8/06
Over the years I think i have tried pretty much every light available for tip-ups. Even the remote style that you carry a receiver on your person. Now I have the Arctic Sirens on my Beaver Dam tip-ups and have never had a problem. There are 3 things that you have to do. #1 is make sure the pin is on the spring side of the tip-up when you stick them on. #2 is to make sure that there is slack in the string when you clip them on. #3 is to clip them at the very end of the flag rod. I clip it over the end of the rod as it actually extends the rod the length of the clip. I have never had a failure with this method. The only thing with the siren is that you let everybody on the lake know when you get a flag because they are pretty loud.

Post Your Comment
1/31/10 @ 9:00 PM
fish12345
fish12345
USER since 12/11/06
has anyone used or have possibly looking to sell any light house tip up Lights/ system let me know what you think if your not looking to sell anything still though thanks alot

Post Your Comment
1/19/10 @ 12:40 PM
TipDownRanger19
TipDownRanger19
USER since 1/4/06
Have 2 artic sirens, absolutely hate them. Seam to have trouble with the tipup being able to pull the pin out of the siren. Therefore the flag never goes up. I use beaver dams and they have plenty of spring. I would not recommend artic sirens as they are clumpsy and don't work as good as promised. many better cheaper options

Post Your Comment
1/17/10 @ 5:26 PM
MuskyHunter
MuskyHunter
USER since 6/17/01
Arctic Sirens for $5 at Cabelas!

Post Your Comment
12/5/09 @ 10:27 AM
west1
west1
USER since 10/25/09
The light house lights are good. I have seen them work pretty well. They are expensive if you buy them online. They are cheaper ($12) at times at places like Fleet Farm or Farm and Fleet. That said, I have not seen them there consistently.

Post Your Comment
11/26/09 @ 1:27 PM
PhishingEyes
PhishingEyes
MEMBER since 1/14/09
I have used many different lights over the years and have found the lighthouse light to be the best. I went fishing with a guy I work with for the first time last year and he had them. As soon as I seen them work I wanted a couple of them. The light goes on the tee of the tip-up. So when you are night fishing you can actually see the fishing pulling line out or not pulling line out. The LED lights are bright enough that I can see them from quite a distance away.

Post Your Comment
11/19/09 @ 9:50 AM
hard water
hard water
USER since 4/6/02
The Omni "Strike Lite" is a really good tip-up light. Very visible from a long distance. And the battery lasts forever. I still have the original batterys and I bought the lights 6 years ago.. The Frabil "arctic Fire" is another good light. Just a matter of choice. The arctic fire doesn't sound an alarm, that's the arctic siren.

Edited on 10/28/10 10:17 AM
Post Your Comment
11/17/09 @ 5:07 PM
MuskyHunter
MuskyHunter
USER since 6/17/01
I made my own LED ones last year and this year I am gonna try the Arctic Fire ones. Bright flashing LEDs and sounds like a car alarm.

Post Your Comment
11/16/09 @ 6:34 PM
Gunsnbowses
Gunsnbowses
USER since 6/17/01
I used the homemade lights with Xmas lites and 9v battery for years. Guess I got tired of tangled wires, so I asked for the Nite Strikes as a Christmas present. I really like them!!!

Post Your Comment
11/16/09 @ 11:48 AM
USER since 2/25/08
Cheqbass have you used strike sensor before?

Edited on 11/16/09 7:39 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 15 of 33 Posts