Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

tip up lights

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

Scharby the WalleyeSlayer
Level: General User
11/12/09 12:06 PM CST
anybody have any comments on the best tip up light to use... ... I have used gogebic lights my whole life and they work pretty good but are sometimes hard to see at at a distance

Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 36
baconator
See Profile
2/26/12 8:37 PM CST
The LIGHTHOUSE Tipup Light can be uded on any flat laying tipups that have a spindle that releases the flag. Lighthouse works on Polar, Artic, Frabil and most similar brands. Not Just Beaver Dams! Thanks

- Tight Lines-

Slippery's
Slippery's
10/24/10 8:58 PM CST
Hi Glow Tip Ups... They work every time and are super bright and made in WI!!!

http://icefishinglight.homestead.com/higlow.html

rgnieds
rgnieds
2/2/10 10:49 AM CST
the frabil arctic fire lights are my favorites they're better built than most lights and can take quite a beating and still work. i also have some lighthouse lights which are nice cuz u can tell if you're tip-up is spinning from a distance but the downside is that i personally use a lot of bigger bait and i get a quite a few minnow trips if i use these lights and these lights can only be used on beaver dams.

brian426
See Profile
Level: MEMBER
2/2/10 1:46 AM CST
I use Frabill Lil' Shiners, they clip on easily, flash when they go on and visible at a good distance.

UA Pro
See Profile
1/31/10 10:56 PM CST
Use Frabill "Artic Fire" lights..have always worked well. Even when its real cold they still work, However i do have reflective tape for insurance and shine them all periodically

Zmaniac
Zmaniac
1/31/10 9:29 PM CST
Over the years I think i have tried pretty much every light available for tip-ups. Even the remote style that you carry a receiver on your person. Now I have the Arctic Sirens on my Beaver Dam tip-ups and have never had a problem. There are 3 things that you have to do. #1 is make sure the pin is on the spring side of the tip-up when you stick them on. #2 is to make sure that there is slack in the string when you clip them on. #3 is to clip them at the very end of the flag rod. I clip it over the end of the rod as it actually extends the rod the length of the clip. I have never had a failure with this method. The only thing with the siren is that you let everybody on the lake know when you get a flag because they are pretty loud.

fish12345
fish12345
1/31/10 9:00 PM CST
has anyone used or have possibly looking to sell any light house tip up Lights/ system let me know what you think if your not looking to sell anything still though thanks alot

TipDownRanger19
See Profile
1/19/10 12:39 PM CST
Have 2 artic sirens, absolutely hate them. Seam to have trouble with the tipup being able to pull the pin out of the siren. Therefore the flag never goes up. I use beaver dams and they have plenty of spring. I would not recommend artic sirens as they are clumpsy and don't work as good as promised. many better cheaper options

MuskyHunter
See Profile
1/17/10 5:25 PM CST
Arctic Sirens for $5 at Cabelas!

west1
west1
12/5/09 10:25 AM CST
The light house lights are good. I have seen them work pretty well. They are expensive if you buy them online. They are cheaper ($12) at times at places like Fleet Farm or Farm and Fleet. That said, I have not seen them there consistently.

PhishingEyes
PhishingEyes
Level: MEMBER
11/26/09 1:25 PM CST
I have used many different lights over the years and have found the lighthouse light to be the best. I went fishing with a guy I work with for the first time last year and he had them. As soon as I seen them work I wanted a couple of them. The light goes on the tee of the tip-up. So when you are night fishing you can actually see the fishing pulling line out or not pulling line out. The LED lights are bright enough that I can see them from quite a distance away.

hard water
See Profile
11/19/09 9:48 AM CST
The Omni "Strike Lite" is a really good tip-up light. Very visible from a long distance. And the battery lasts forever. I still have the original batterys and I bought the lights 6 years ago.. The Frabil "arctic Fire" is another good light. Just a matter of choice. The arctic fire doesn't sound an alarm, that's the arctic siren.

[This post was last edited on 10/28/10 at 10:17 AM]
MuskyHunter
See Profile
11/17/09 5:06 PM CST
I made my own LED ones last year and this year I am gonna try the Arctic Fire ones. Bright flashing LEDs and sounds like a car alarm.

Gunsnbowses
See Profile
11/16/09 6:33 PM CST
I used the homemade lights with Xmas lites and 9v battery for years. Guess I got tired of tangled wires, so I asked for the Nite Strikes as a Christmas present. I really like them!!!

11/16/09 11:46 AM CST
Cheqbass have you used strike sensor before?

[This post was last edited on 11/16/09 at 7:39 PM]
Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 36
Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Madison Fishing Expo Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick HT Plano

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook