Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

Wood stove ideas for a new shanty

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

BBD!
BBD!
Level: General User
10/1/09 9:14 PM CST
Myself and a couple of buddies are building a shanty for this season and I would like to hear ideas on wood heaters. We have the resources to make one so if anyone has any good plans for one we would be interested in seeing them. Thanks for the help!!

poptop
See Profile
10/21/09 6:19 PM CST
a six gallon electric water heater can be modified to a nice little wood stove you have to strip it. cut a door make a collar for the flu and some legs. all on the cheap all you have to do is find one thats been thrown away. plumbing shops throw em away all the time.

holechipper
holechipper
10/10/09 7:42 PM CST
Fish House Supply has a small wood burning stove for $100. Here is a link to it http://fishhousesupply.com/furnaces.htm

kingbass
kingbass
10/2/09 5:27 PM CST
I have the woodsman stove in mine! I love it! I get pallets from work and burn them. Also make sure you split wood pretty small. Its alot easier to start it and keep it going with small logs.

Walleyeslayer37
Walleyeslayer37
10/2/09 5:20 PM CST
A couple of my buddies built one out of a propane cylinder from a grill. They saw the plans for it in backwoodsman magazine and it works well

Stout_grad_01
See Profile
10/2/09 9:25 AM CST
woodsman makes a nice small woodburner for an ice shack. http://goodoutdoors.theshoppe.com/woodsman_iceshack_stove.html

Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply IceForce AquaVu Uncle Josh Fenwick

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook