Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

Sleeper Shacks in Wi.

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

possum66
possum66
Level: General User
12/16/08 4:57 PM CST
Anybody know of sleeper shack rentals in Wi?

Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 22
pheasenthunter
pheasenthunter
12/24/09 11:21 AM CST
If your looking for a sleeper shack, Crawlerman Steve has a real nice one. Although you said in Wisconsin, I used his this past March on LBDN and hauled in a real nice 10lb 30" eye'. Google crawlerman charters.

crappieguy
See Profile
12/23/09 7:50 AM CST
There is a guy renting on lake Wissota this year for the first time. I think he has it posted on Craigslist in Eau Claire, here you go.

http://eauclaire.craigslist.org/vac/1520701652.html

[This post was last edited on 12/23/09 at 7:52 AM]
ReelScreemer
See Profile
12/22/09 3:07 PM CST
*bump*

madporider
madporider
12/22/09 9:03 AM CST
any more info on these shacks director

madporider
madporider
1/22/09 4:04 PM CST
i would be interested for sure and would do a weekend or two night three day midweek 4 to 6 guys on an annual basis keep us posted on your progress

Derek022
See Profile
1/22/09 2:14 AM CST
Are there sleeper shacks in Bago? If so anyone got phone numbers?

ReelScreemer
See Profile
1/21/09 10:33 PM CST
Let us know when you get the sleepers ready, if it's still this year at all...I know a group of 4 guys that are gonna wanna book at least a night in one on Pelican...Otherwise I'm gonna want to get on the list for next year right away!

director
director
1/21/09 10:24 PM CST
Here's what we are thinking.......... We have had a fairly large response (most thru private message) and it has been good. Everybody has thought our prices were in line and we now have quite a few people interested..... With that being said, we are planning to have two shacks ready for first ice next season. I know some of you wanted them this year but this takes time. Our guide is pretty confident about keeping people on either Perch or Walleye's and we have a few lakes in mind to suit most interests. Looks like we will move forward and hope to see you guys next season. Check back here for updates. We will post contact info here next fall.

wallleye 13
wallleye 13
1/21/09 10:15 PM CST
It sounds fair, the fishing wouldn't be as good as the MN lakes, therefor the price is less, and its not always about catching a lot of fish. A lot of guides charge $200 or more a day and now you get a shack and guided spot for less then $200 sounds like a great deal.

baitsherownhook
baitsherownhook
1/21/09 8:27 AM CST
I am totally down with this . . . BF and I want to experience a sleeper, but don't want to haul ourselves all the way to LOW!

SwimJig
See Profile
12/18/08 5:23 PM CST
Sounds like the start of something BAD to me. Wisconsin doesn't have lakes big enough to support an industry like that. And believe me if it was a money making business it wouldn't take long before others joined in. Tbe Bago chain might support it, but northwoods lake never. Structure is small and competition with other fishermen would cause huge problems with "Businessmen" locking up prime spots on relatively small lakes. Minnesota has huge lakes with varied and large structure as well as mid lake "basin bites" that don't require pinpoint location. Outside of the Bago chain Wis. doesn't have anything close to that.

rumbees
See Profile
12/18/08 1:26 PM CST
sounds like a great idea let us know i will have a couple of takers on this

staticz20
staticz20
12/18/08 12:08 PM CST
I'll second reasonableness of 40-60, I'd be interested. I've wanted to do the sleeper shack thing but don't want to drive all over MN .

knappsack
See Profile
12/18/08 12:01 PM CST
Director,

That pricing sounds real reasonable. In my opinion you will have no problem getting them rented at that price. Some people don't need all the bells and whistles, they just want the experience of a sleeper shack put on some decent fishing at a good price. If you get them out there let us know, I would have a group of guys interested in renting one.

CNickel65
CNickel65
12/18/08 8:54 AM CST
I would be willing to pay $40-60 per person per day, that sounds like a very fair rate.

Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 22
Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick Baitmate

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook