Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

Ardis Quick Digger

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

Picknme
Picknme
Level: General User
12/10/07 7:09 PM CST
Anyone familiar with these Power Auger units? My father just gave me one that hadnt been run in 10 years. A buddy and I cleaned it up, put new gas in it and it started on the second pull. Runs like a champ!!!! I have a feeling this thing is like 30-40 years old but is in great shape. Now the challenge will be to find a new blade for it. The unit is a G-60 Model. Anyone have any info/knowledge? Thanks - Good luck to everyone on the ice this year. Stay on top!!

Bamasotan
Bamasotan
12/14/14 11:47 PM CST
Just wondering if any one could tell me the gas/oil ratio on them.. Im not sure about you boys but I got mine free and have modified it to run a newer style Jiffy ice blade by drilling and a little welding for a back stop. Just want to get a good mix on the sucker. Loud as all get out but Damm thing still starts first pull and cuts good too. Currently using a 40:1 ratio...

Fargin_icehole
See Profile
2/23/14 12:55 PM CST
I picked one up a few years ago. I love the motorcycle handles! I put it head to head with my buddy's Jiffy a few years newer and smoked him. That thing is FAST!!!! The only thing is the throttle, It's weird. I have this left thumb contraption and on the right there's a lever that controls the throttle. I looked closely thinking I'm missing some linkage, but it doesn't seem like it will work. Mine has all the stickers in place; 3hp, made in Cumberland, and a brillo pad air filter.I don't have pics right now, but any ideas to link the two would be really nice!

cjkarwed
cjkarwed
12/28/07 4:49 PM CST
Thanks for the info! I had already found a gas cap at fleet farm, and I ordered the blade from Ardisam, Man are these loud! I guess they didnt care if people went deaf in the 60's.

Picknme
Picknme
12/27/07 12:36 PM CST
CJ - check your email. I sent you everything they sent me regarding the auger.

mrkaline
See Profile
12/26/07 8:25 PM CST
If it runs,,don`t mess with it yet,,use some SEAFOAM in the fuel and it will probably straighten-out right away. Been using SEAFOAM for years with wonderful results.

cjkarwed
cjkarwed
12/26/07 7:58 PM CST
Thanks for the info, does that page you have of the manual have any info on carburetor adjustments, seems like it is idiling to high, I can mess with the mixture screws and figure it out but I would rather have a manual to save time, could you send me that attachment? my email is cjkarwed@msn.com. Thanks a bunch. Tight Lines

Picknme
Picknme
12/26/07 4:19 PM CST
CJ - Here is what they told me at Ardisam. Hope this helps. Good luck. Just ordered a new blade and gas cap....Be here early next week. $48 for both shipping included.

Good Morning, Thank you for your email. The 60-G was made in 1960. We have only one page left of the original manual, but I have attached it. We made 6" & 8" ice augers for this model, though with an adapter, it will accept any current models up to 14" earth augers, or 10" ice augers. The blades that fit your original auger are either IB6L or IB8L, depending on which size auger you have. These blades are available for purchase through our customer service department, 1.800.345.6007 option #2. Thank you for choosing Eskimo!

fishguy1234
fishguy1234
12/25/07 10:55 PM CST
i have one also and i havent had the blades sharpened since i got it 5 years ago and digs just fine. and yes it does have a sticker on it that says it was made in cumberland wisconsin.

cjkarwed
cjkarwed
12/25/07 10:27 PM CST
I just got one too for 30 bucks from my neighbor not sure the model number, guessing it wore off it over the years. It is also in need of a new blade, runs great just no bite on the blade took forever to get through 13 inches of ice, I am going to try and sharpen the existing blade but I would prefer to get my hands on a new one. Let me know if anyone hears about blades. Also what kind of air filter do you have in yours? mine looks almost like a brillo pad

crappieguy
See Profile
12/13/07 8:48 PM CST
I actually saw one of the exact same ones tonight at the pawn shop! Man they are a beast, built to last!

Ferny
See Profile
12/13/07 1:33 PM CST
Sweet Deal! It's probably nicer than there new ones Big Smile

Ferny.

Picknme
Picknme
12/11/07 5:19 PM CST
I did some searching on the internet and contacted Ardisam inc looking for a new blade and possibly a service manual. They responded today with my needs. To my surpise this thing was made in 1960. It does not look like it is 47 years old and runs like it is new. Not a bad deal for me since it was given away as junk and runs like a top.

Ferny
See Profile
12/11/07 9:42 AM CST
Does it say it's made in Cumberland WI?

It sounds like it may have been made by Ardisam who now makes Eskimo judging from the name???

Ferny.

Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick HT Plano

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook