Best one man shanty

11/28/07 @ 10:13 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Stratosboats
Stratosboats
USER since 4/8/05
I am looking at purchasing a one man shanty for this year. I have a Frabill Ranger XL Twin but it's just to big to bring when I go alone. It can also be very hard to anchor in the wind with one guy(125lbs) and the shanty being so big. What do you think is the best one man shanty for the money?

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 77 Posts
1/27/12 @ 8:30 AM
z71booner
z71booner
USER since 1/14/07
I have a new 3 man Frabill Guardian shanty, and i love everything about it, except how hard it is to pull by hand. I have my snowmobile rigged up to pull it with the tow bar, and also my snowmobile has a rack for my drill. So once there is enough ice for the snowmobile i'm set, but pulling that shanty out by hand is alot to handle, so i am in the market for a one man shanty.

I've sat in the Clam Kenai, and it seems like a very nice shack, but to this point i am very partial to Frabill products. I was looking at the Commando (frabill) and the kenai (clam)and the Commando Max. I'm looking for a good price, but mostly i want to be happy, i hate clutter, and the commando max looks like it would be really nice. Thanks for any help.

Post Your Comment
1/13/10 @ 6:23 PM
tbone27
tbone27
USER since 3/11/09
First of all they don't make the Scout or Pro any more. The Commando has a lot of unuseable space wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out front of the fisherman. Anyone looking at the new Frabills or Clams should do themselves a favor spend the extra money on a Otter Cottage. Smile

Post Your Comment
9/24/09 @ 9:26 PM
Stratosboats
Stratosboats
USER since 4/8/05
I bought a Clam Pro and sold it already. Purchased an atv and the problems with the bigger heavier 2 man shack are gone. I love the amount of room I have when I go alone.

Post Your Comment
9/24/09 @ 7:11 PM
grump
grump
MEMBER since 2/3/02
Frabill COMANDO. Tounge Out

Post Your Comment
9/18/09 @ 7:29 PM
Ice'n Tibs
Ice'n Tibs
USER since 11/18/05
This thread is almost 2 years old, I hope he's got one by now.......

Post Your Comment
9/18/09 @ 7:16 PM
mooselegs
mooselegs
USER since 5/27/03
I have an OTTER 1.5 man tent w/ sled that I plan to put up for sale soon. It is 3 years old and has been used a max. of 5 times.

Post Your Comment
9/18/09 @ 4:59 PM
newInCudahy
newInCudahy
USER since 2/21/03
Did a Lil googlin and came up with this.

I have a NEW -- STILL in the box Clam - Scout portable ice fishing shelter. $150.00 (Tomah,WI.) sldrink@mwt.net

Prob the best price til ice out then there are deals to be found. Also haunt craigslist.

Post Your Comment
9/18/09 @ 3:07 PM
eyesman
eyesman
USER since 1/7/02
Look at the Otter sled with the one man tent. Stows all the gear for a day on the ice. Rigged a boat seat in it and can tent up all day if need be. Room for three holes as well. Fits on my ATV rack as well to be mobile on the ice. Better than 10 years old and still in good condition. A 1 lb propane tank will heat it for 6 - 7 hrs at zero with wind. eyesman

Post Your Comment
9/18/09 @ 10:03 AM
fishnhunt14
fishnhunt14
USER since 4/17/07
how much do the scouts cost? I seen gander mountain advertise them for $200, but is there anywhere cheaper or is that the average price?

Post Your Comment
9/17/09 @ 9:12 PM
newInCudahy
newInCudahy
USER since 2/21/03
I've had 3 different one man flips I say... Scout!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 77 Posts