Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

drop down trailer. location of wheels.

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

SOFT&HARD H2O
See Profile
Level: General User
3/6/13 7:24 PM CST
I am building, a drop down trailer. But I am having trouble figuring out where to put the wheels. the length will be 14' with another 3'Vfront. material with out wheel assembly will run 550.00...... Buddy has a shop, with room for my project. THIS WILL HAPPEN! (I have to say it like that, I've put it off for to long now!!!) I am a motivated ice fisher! And my kids aren't getting any smaller....... Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Mr. Pike Mike
Mr. Pike Mike
Level: General User
3/6/13 9:54 PM CST
I am not an expert but this is what I did when I built mine.

I built the frame then took a 2x4 and put it underneth and moved it until the frame balanced on the 2X4. I marked where the 2X4 hit on the frame and that is where I put the wheels. You do not need to worry about the pivit point is (I am asuming this is a drop down) just where the wheels are.

Mine balances to well and has almost no tounge weight. If I was to do it over I would have more tounge weight as it bounces all over going down the road.

Hope that helps.

Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook