Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

T/C Encore or CVA Apex

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

BoDog
BoDog
Level: General User
11/19/10 2:16 PM CST
The first new rifle I purchased was a T/C Encore in 30-06. I have invested a considerable amount of time and money getting it set up the way I wanted it and other than a few small issues (After a few shots, the barrel heats up and closes on the spent shell and the extractor will not remove the spent casing. Hopefully soon to be fixed with a new extractor from T/C) it is a great gun. I liked the idea of the interchangeable barrels.

I recently won a CVA Apex .50 cal. Also with interchangeable barrels. Their barrels are from Bergara and are touted to be exceptional. It is brand new, still in the box. I have read that this gun is superior to the T/C.

I do not want/need two different interchangeable rifles. My question is which one should I keep? Or should I be talked into keeping both? Big Smile

BoDog
BoDog
11/22/10 9:55 AM CST
I will have to check out Bellm. Thanks for the help!!

Janesville Shooter
Janesville Shooter
11/20/10 8:54 PM CST
T/C made in America.

Timmer72
Timmer72
11/20/10 7:30 PM CST
I like my Encore but it's not without problems. Firing pin & spring needed replacing after only a couple years and not alot of shots. I believe this was due to the blackpowder. Pin would stick in the fired position and impale primer making it impossible to open action without taking barrel off. Got a new pin and spring from T/C for no charge (actually got two of each because first shipment got lost). Haven't shot blackpowder yet so don't know if I'll have the same issues. I have a .50 cal m/l, 12 ga. slug, 12 ga. turkey & 204 Ruger barrel. .270 Winchester is next on the list. Custom trigger job and also customized and dipped an aftermarket stock (Choate) and had the blued barrels custom dipped to match the Realtree Hardwoods. Nice system, but barrels can be quite expensive. Nearly as much so as a completely new gun.

I suggest looking up Bellm as they are a great source of info and parts for T/C guns. Trigger jobs can be done yourself with little effort. They also offer many barrels including Bergara's.

http://www.bellmtcs.com/store/

[This post was last edited on 11/20/10 at 7:35 PM]
Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook