Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

How FAR will my 22MAG shoot accurately??

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

Roobob
Roobob
Level: General User
2/2/10 7:58 PM CST
I have a image Bolt action Rifle. Before we get into BRANDS, how far will this gun shoot accurately. I think I'm going to try to Coyote kill or Jack rabbits in the dakotas. How far will this thing reach out??????????

Thanks.

Janesville Shooter
Janesville Shooter
2/2/10 10:01 PM CST
I believe Winchester and Remington have ballistic charts available for their ammo. The 22 Mag starts to drop in elevation pretty fast after 100 yards and it is not a very humane coyote gun much past that either. Seems to me I saw a chart that showed the 22 mag had dropped 3 feet by 200 yards.

gatorguy
See Profile
2/2/10 8:24 PM CST
i gotta marlin 22mag and the shells cost a ton compaired to regular 22 ammo. but first time u hit a squirrle at 75 yards if u gotta good scope u dont mind spending the extra.. my scope it sighted in at 50 yards causei use mine for coyote too.. but i have reached out and touched a target at just under 200 yards. id ont think ill shoot at an animal that far. but its fun to play with paper.. 150 easy.. i think..

Guidedfishing
See Profile
2/2/10 8:08 PM CST
Depending on the precision your rifle is capable of, type of ammunition used, and size of your quarry the 22 magnum can be effective from 50 to 150 yards. It can kill a coyote at 100 yards with a solid hit.

good luck GF

Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick HT Plano

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook