Bought any guns lately? What did you buy?

10/26/08 @ 6:19 PM
ORIGINAL POST
CazTrait
CazTrait
USER since 6/15/01
Winchester Super X2 wrapped in shadow grass. $775 new.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 76 to 90 of 859 Posts
10/18/15 @ 8:49 AM
gunslinger9562
gunslinger9562
USER since 2/18/11
Bought a traditions pursuit and a browning countour 22

Post Your Comment
10/6/15 @ 11:20 AM
tiddies1981
tiddies1981
USER since 1/22/15
Just seen my uncles 9mm Taurus he picked up for 269. Think I'm going to pick one up. He said he shot it and liked it. Said it doesn't feel as nice as his xds or sig but at a fraction of the cost. Sounds good to me.

Post Your Comment
10/6/15 @ 9:44 AM
Unreel
Unreel
USER since 6/15/01
Just picked up Smith & Wesson .40 Shield. I am going to try some of those 155gr fmj loads. Then try 165gr to feel the difference.

Post Your Comment
10/4/15 @ 8:05 AM
marinerman
marinerman
USER since 6/27/01
Finally had the chance to pick up a rifle I've wanted since the late 70's (almost 40 yrs). Picked up a Ruger 1A in .243, might not be my first choice of calibers but not a caliber I already own. More reloading stuff to buy ;)

Post Your Comment
10/2/15 @ 10:02 PM
ditto
ditto
USER since 12/6/10
Girlfriend decided she wanted to go to Oklahoma deer hinting this year - gave me a great excuse to buy her a new rifle. Kimber M84L Select in 30/06. First "06 I've ever bought other than military or target rifles.

Post Your Comment
8/8/15 @ 8:19 PM
south shore guy
south shore guy
USER since 5/12/08
Looking to purchase a new 20 gauge auto this fall. I've shot my cousins montrefeltro and I like it. He loves it. Does anyone have any thoughts on the Franchi equivalent? It's marked Benelli on the receiver and uses the inertia system. The sales guy says it's almost as good but the inner parts are not coated for corrosion. I appreciate the help.

Post Your Comment
8/2/15 @ 6:42 PM
wack'em & stack'em
wack'em & stack'em
USER since 3/13/10
Relax! I get put on hold for every long gun I buy! Been like that for years, never been denied ! And I purchase anywhere from 5-10 guns a year. I have a CC permit, and wait for handguns! It's just life!

Post Your Comment
8/2/15 @ 9:22 AM
Pike River Outfitters
Pike River Outfitters
MEMBER since 5/3/08
Rifleman , I think you should have most likely of got the gun that day also , but don't start this "it's Walkers doing " BS. If Doyle , Barrett , or Burke were Governor they would have done everything possible to restrict firearms . So don't come on here grinding your axe . He's done more for sportsman and gun owners than the other 3 combined.

Edited on 8/9/15 6:05 AM
Post Your Comment
8/1/15 @ 11:04 PM
Unreel
Unreel
USER since 6/15/01
Was that in Wisconsin? If so, they do not know what kind of long gun you bought. They don't know if it is a shotgun, .30-06, AR or a .22 Plinkster. Maybe someone, with a similar combination of names as you, did something wrong since you last bought a gun. Or NICS assigned your background check to someone who called in sick for a few days. They never tell you why you get delayed. but usually once delayed, always delayed (unless you apply for a UPIN).

Post Your Comment
7/31/15 @ 6:32 PM
Mr. Killroy
Mr. Killroy
USER since 5/3/07
Just bought a Zastava M70A at Fleet Farm on sale. Classic look of the Soviet Tokarev TT M57. Nice looking and shooting pistol. For the price, it'll be a nice conversation piece.

Post Your Comment
7/28/15 @ 10:13 AM
Steve @ G & S
Steve @ G & S
MEMBER since 6/15/01
Already did. From a distance of 10 yards, with 3" #6 shot in the handgun, I shot at "George", my metallic silhouette target.

I aimed center-mass and had shot marks from the top of his head, shoulder to shoulder, all the way down to his crotch. The shot was fairly evenly distributed, so I think that a rabbit might have a fairly bad day within 10 yards of the tractor! And any bad guys might have a pretty bad day too....

Formerly Steve @ G & S

Post Your Comment
7/27/15 @ 2:11 PM
ditto
ditto
USER since 12/6/10
Steve, Patten your Judge before you get to excited. Sorry but I bought one when they came out figuring it would be a great gun for rabbits chased by beagles. Honestly at 15' (thats feet not yards!) the pattern was so sparatic and open in the middle (from the rifled barrel) that hitting a rabbit would be a 50/50 chance at best.

Post Your Comment
7/27/15 @ 12:48 PM
Steve @ G & S
Steve @ G & S
MEMBER since 6/15/01
I didn't buy my newest gun, but I did trade for it. I went to a gun show in Paris, TN and traded a used Beretta 92 for a new in the box Taurus Judge, stainless with 3" chamber. I even got them to throw in a box of 50 Long Colt 250 grain bullets.

My wife didn't believe me at first, because I told her that I didn't pay anything for the new gun, but it was a straight-up trade...

NOW I have something easy to carry when I'm on my tractor, and can kill snakes and the occasional rabbit for the pot....

Formerly Steve @ G & S

Post Your Comment
7/20/15 @ 10:23 PM
ditto
ditto
USER since 12/6/10
Wack em Gieslle makes a firing mechanism and an actual trigger for them but total cost is around $500! I have some Gieslie triggers on other guns and their great but I don't feel like putting $500 into a gun that probably isn't very accurate to begin with. The next Geislie I buy will be for my SCAR 17.

Post Your Comment
7/20/15 @ 8:22 PM
wack'em & stack'em
wack'em & stack'em
USER since 3/13/10
DITTO! IM PRETTY SURE I SEEN ON GUN TALK TV OR ANOTHER GUN RELATED SHOW, TIMNEY OR ANOTHER TRIGGER MANUFACTURING MAKES A VERY EASY DROP IN TRIGGER! FOR THAT GUN!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 76 to 90 of 859 Posts